Lesson #17: Kiss him, you idiot!

A/N: That's right, you're not crazy! I DID just update again! Anyways, I have no idea how this story is going to end yet lol so if anybody has any ideas, DM me or something cause I'm lost. Also, there will probably only be a few more chapters! Like 3-5 more chapters, maybe, depending on how much more plot I can come up with. Thanks for reading! OH and check out my Draco fic if you're into that :)

"Stiles, I need to talk to you!" Derek yelled across the hallway, dodging kids walking the opposite direction as he made his way over to me. I closed my locker, raising an eyebrow at him until he stopped in front of me, a smile on his face. "So, we didn't talk about hanging out today, but if you're free later, that new movie you've been talking about comes out today. I may or may not have already bought us tickets," he said, blushing. "If you say no, I'll have to take some other poor soul."

I laughed, shaking my head at him. "Of course I'll go with you, Der," I promised, starting to walk down the hallway so I wasn't late for class. He walked with me, almost too close so that our shoulders bumped every few steps. "What time are you picking me up?"

"I have plans after school, but as soon as those are over with, I can come get you," he offered, still walking with me despite his class being on the opposite side of school. "If it's early enough, I'll even take you to dinner."

Stiles faked a surprised gasp. "This sounds like a date!" he teased, making Derek roll his eyes. "Anyways, I have plans after school too. I'll just text you when I get home and we'll go from there," I suggested, remembering that I planned to go to the mall with Lydia so we could talk more about our plans to figure out if Derek liked me back. 

"Alright, that works," Derek agreed, touching my arm gently as before turning around to run off to his own class. The rest of the day passed by quickly, and after the last bell, I hurried out to my car so I could meet Lydia at the mall. 

We ended up getting there right around the same time, so I greeted her at her car while she grabbed her things out of the passenger seat. "Derek basically asked me on a date tonight," I told her as she slammed her door shut and locked her car. 

She spun around to face me, an excited look on her face. "That's great!" she exclaimed, linking her arm through mine as we walked into the mall. "I don't think we'll have to do much more planning at all. It looks as if Derek already likes you," she continued, making me hopeful. "But I still need you here because I hate shopping alone. Too many bags to hold."

"Oh, so you're using me?" I retorted, teasingly. She shrugged unapologetically, dragging him into the first store of the day. Most of their shopping was Lydia piling my arms up with clothes, then her trying them on, and me giving my opinion on them. She could literally pull off any look, so they all looked great. She ended up only buying a few things, despite me telling her how great she looked. We didn't really talk much about Derek until we decided to get some food and sit down in the food court. 

"So you told Derek you were done trying to win me over, right?" Lydia asked, delicately dipping her fries in ketchup as we talked quietly. The room was full of people, though no one that we knew. 

I swallowed my food quickly, taking a sip of my drink before answering. "Yeah, of course I did," I answered. "He seemed pretty happy about it, but I'm not sure what that means." I wanted it to mean that he liked me back, but I didn't want to read too much into it. "Besides, he hasn't really talked much about him and Brett. I don't know if they're still together," I sighed.