wake up, sleepy head

new person, same old mistakes- tame impala

florence's pov-

"wake up, sleepy head."
i hear tewkesbury say as he nudges my shoulder, attempting to wake me up.
"five more minutes." i groan, wanting nothing but to sleep on the surprisingly comfortable ground.
"floraaaa, how am i supposed to know how long 5 minutes is without counting?" he complains.
the fact that we don't even have the slightest idea of what time it is completely slipped my mind.
"fine." i state, rising from my position on the ground.
"we need to come up with a plan." he tells me.
"i just woke up, and you're already making me think? who do you think i am?" i joke, putting a hand up to my heart.
"well the last time i checked, your my love." he said with a smirk, making me blush slightly causing me to look down.
"i cant disagree with that." i say looking up, as he gives me a peck on the lips.
he grabs my hand and we begin to walk towards civilization.
"we need to figure out where enola is, and get there without being seen." he tells me.
"i know where she is." i say in a 'duh' like tone.
"you do? where?"
"the whole reason we've been hunted down is so we can grant mycroft's wishes and go to 'miss harrison's school for young ladies' or whatever the name of it is. so since they got enola, she'd be there." i tell him.
"i totally knew that." he says rolling his eyes a bit.
"sure you did."

enola's pov-

"your brothers here. smart collar." miss harrison tells me as she opens a door and enters in front of me.
we stand side by side as i look down at the wooden floor.
"mr. holmes." she greets him, signaling towards me only to put her hand under my chin, adverting my eyes towards my brother.
"you." i breath out, almost relieved at the fact that it was sherlock.
"thank you, miss harrison." sherlock says as she looks at him almost, suprised?
"oh. of course." she says, fiddling with her chained pocket watch.
she turns towards the door and signals for me to move forward so she can walk behind me.
i take a step as the door creaks shut.
i don't believe mycroft and i have broken eye contact since i've entered, and it's beginning to feel a bit odd.
he closed his book, looking at the cover.
"i have never seen such a range of romances in my life." he begins as i quickly walk towards him and snatch the newspaper out from under his arm.
"it's enough to turn you to newspapers."
i walk towards the rather large desk in the room and push a chair forwards, aggressively opening the newspaper looking.
"what in heavens are you looking for?" he asks me, yet i give him no answer.
"why might you be interested in the personals? you've gone quite mad." he tells me, looking at the page as i drag my index finger along it.
"i have a right to be mad in a place like this."
"i was forced into calligraphy as a child. ah" he begins, picking something up from the desk as i look up at him.
"hated it, but there's rarely a case where someone's handwriting doesn't tell me something i need to know." he finishes, dropping the paper back onto the desk and sitting down.
"and what might i learn from deportment?" i ask.
"the way a person stands may disguise who they are. nothings wasted."
"have you found her?"
"no, not yet. although i'm going to believe you're referring to your sister." he says.
"no. i'm not." i tell him.
"you don't care where she is? or if she's safe?" he asks me as if i just said something terrible.
"of course i care! but i know that wherever flora is, she's not alone, and she has someone to keep her safe. but have you found mother?"
"no, but i went to the tea rooms, where edith threatened me with a teapot. and to limehouse."
my smile turned into a straight face as he continued.
"i believe you went there too. you've become quite the detective, enola. your sister as well."
"did you find the gunpowder? and the bombs?" i ask.
"i did."
"why would she-"
"i shudder to think. perhaps she wants to change the world."
"perhaps it's the world that needs changing."
"will you stop her?" i ask him.
"i don't get involved in politics."
"or people, either, unless they're clues. did you help mycroft catch me?"
"no."
"but you found out about the money. you told him." i say slightly throwing the newspaper onto the table.
"you and florence disappeared. we had to know how far you would run."
"we're just a case to you, aren't we? a curiosity. is that why you're here, to pick my brains?"
"no." he begins as he walks towards me.
"or possibly you're feeling guilty."
"i'm here because i care for you." he states.
a smile etches it's way onto my face.
"you're being emotional. it's understandable, but unnecessary." i say, taking a seat.
"it's an intrigue, isn't it?" he asks me.
"emotion?" i question.
"the tewkesbury case. a bit more complicated than a simple disappearance. he jumped from the train... with two other boys. were they being chased, do you think?"
"how did you know that?" i ask him.
"i traced you and florence's departure to the same station that he left from. edith mentioned "a useless boy." and i was telegrammed about two young female assistants of mine who visited the tewkesbury residence. have you solved it?"
"not yet."
"the only advice i can give to you, one detective to another, sometimes you must dangle your feet in the water in order to attract the sharks."
"so that's why you came here. shark lessons."
"no, no. i came here... to give you this." he says as he sets down a wrapped cloth on the table in front of me.
i grab the cloth and begin to unwrap it as i'm met with my pet pine cone, and a quite dead flower.
"i found them under her pillow. she kept it, you see."
"dash... and princess cordelia." i whisper, with a slight laugh.
"sentimental, really, but she always did... she always found you both quite extraordinary. as do i, enola holmes."
i smile at him with tears in my eyes, as he begins to walk away, stopping next to me to put a hand on my shoulder.
"the choice is always yours. whatever society may claim, it can't control you, or your sister. as mother has proven. keep the paper." he says, walking out of the room as i look after him with tears running down my cheeks.

i can just picture mother looking at me, smiling her amazing smile.

i sit on my small bed, talking to dash.
"mother thought i was extraordinary. extraordinary..." i say, chuckling to myself.
i set dash down, and pick up the newspaper and begin to place it under my pillow unlike something catches my eye.
'deadlock in lords as vote looms
last chance for change'
"the lords..." i whisper to myself as i pull out another page.
'hopes fade for the young lord'
it pictured tewkesbury and flora right underneath.
"lord. every vote counts."

authors note !
i hope you enjoyed the chapter!