what is she up to, sherlock?

oh ana- mother mother

"what is she up to, sherlock?"
mycroft asks him as they play a game of pool.
"she was too old to remarry, she had no passions or ambitions i was aware of." he says while walking to the other side of the table to take his shot. "she simply had to ensure enola and florence a decent life and to live her remaining years with dignity." he continues as sherlock just misses the hole.
enola and i are currently sneaking to the other side of the door, where neither of our brothers can see us.
"this is my house, not hers, and has been since father died. she asked for 16 years to bring up enola and flora here. i- i- i gave it. and for that, i deserve to be robbed?"
"what in bloody hell is he talking about?" i ask enola quietly, her responding with a simple shrug.
"i am not the villain here." mycroft finishes.
"perhaps she needed the money." sherlock says. "you clearly don't, or has the government cut your salary?" he asks, as mycroft sighs in response.
"it's always the same, isn't it? always the same." he says. "we don't see each other for months, and then you blast in without a care and condemn me with your bon mots." mycroft exclaims.
"simply inquiring." sherlock defends for himself.
"you are judging." mycroft corrects. "you are judging something for which you took no responsibility." he finishes as sherlock hits one of the pool balls.
mrs. lane who has only just recently walked into the room, seeing me and enola eavesdropping, stops what she's doing and looks at mycroft. who's also receiving the same look from sherlock.
"you've never shown an interest in this family." mycroft adds while fumbling with his billiards cue.
"i don't mean to judge." sherlock states as he walks to where mycroft was standing, as he walks to where sherlock was.
mycroft continues to talk once again. "we have two problems, as i see it."
"one, finding a boarding school that is willing to take florence and enola on so they won't be a complete failure in this world."
i look at enola with sadness, and see she has it as well. we both stare in front of us and take a moment to think about what mycroft is saying.
"that i am in the process of solving...
with the help of an old friend."
"and two, finding mother." he adds. "the first is my problem, the second i consider yours." mycroft finishes looking up to sherlock, who has a stern look on his face.

-flash forward?-

"my dear!" mycroft says while walking towards miss harrison.
"oh!" she stares at him in awe.
he chuckles "my dear!" he takes her hand and kissed the top of it. "let me." he says, getting her bag for her.
"motor car. how delightful, miss harrison." he compliments as she looks down to hide her rosey cheeks.
"well, i am an educator, mr. holmes. i like to keep ahead of the times." she says.
enola and florence are currently watching their interaction from a window above, as the two girls huff and walk away.

-end of flash forward-

"enola and flora may prefer to stay here." sherlock says as mrs. lane walks out and looks at us with a speechless look.
"you could acquire a governess." he adds, trying to let us stay home.
"they need a firm hand, sherlock." mycroft defends.

-flash forward-

"where are they?" miss harrison asks mycroft.
"their inside, though i must warn you in advance, they're both unbroken." he responds, as miss harrison chuckles.
"we'll soon see about that." she says as they walk inside.

-end of flash forward-

"we need to break the girls, and build them up." mycroft says as he makes one of the balls into the hole.