its a necessary distraction.

everybody wants to rule the world- tears for fears

"it's a necessary distraction."
enola says while throwing her bicycle down on the grass.
i follow her actions, but place mine down a bit more gentle.
we're both now dressed as boys, it feels quite peculiar to me.

i was just beginning to master it.
so was flora, she was much more balanced than i, though.

i laugh to myself as she looks down at her bicycle.

*florence*

phase one of the plan complete.
we're coming to find you, mother.
the game is afoot.

we're now walking down the trail surrounded by tall blades of grass, and weeds that nearly reach our shoulders.

enola and i walk through the train station, as loud whistles are heard, coming from all the trains.

we couldn't go to our local station,
of course,
so we chose a different line altogether.
with our brothers after us,
there's no telling where they'd search.

enola and i approach the man standing at the front gate.
i cant quite see what enola shows him, but he lets us both through.
about two guards rush past us as they blow their loud whistles.
enola and i step aside as we look at them with confusion.
"no sign of him anywhere, sir." a guard says.
enola and i continue our walk through the gates, approaching the train.
a lady runs beside us as we hear another lady speak.
"i want an assurance that my son is not-" she begins but gets cut off by another guard.
"he's not on this train." he tells her.
the yelling eventually grabs my full attention as i turn my head to look at who all the ruckus is coming from.
"of course he's on the train! you simply haven't looked properly." and older man in some sort of uniform exclaims.
"staring is rude." enola states as she hits me hard in the arm.
i turn back around. "hitting is rude." i tell her.
"oh hush"
"sir, i've had my officers search this train from top to bottom." the guard tells the man in uniform.
enola and i continue to walk away from the scene, to board the train.
"darling, perhaps we should just-" what sounds like an older lady suggests.
"quiet, mother." the man interrupts.
i turn around yet again to see the lady in the beautiful cream colored dress speak. "he had the carriage drop him here this morning. he must be here somewhere."
i walk next to enola with my head still turned as she steps onto the train.
"well, we're not even sure the darling boys on the train." the older lady dressed in black suggests. "i'm so sorry. this is such a fuss." she says to the guard.
enola pulls me onto the train, as the station master shouts.
"this train must leave. we're running extremely late."
i close the train door, yet keep my head perched outside.
"you don't understand. this is my son." the lady in cream tells the station master.
"it leaves now." he informs them, gesturing his hands to tell them its final.
a whistle blows as she continues to bicker.
"don't let this train leave without someone on it!" she shouts as she hits one of the windows.
"all aboard!" i hear the conductor yell.
"i insist!" she screams yet again.
the yelling catches enola's attention, as i feel her lean over me looking where i'm looking.
i see quite a strange man jump on last second.
i keep my gaze on him as he meets mine, and with his door still open, he brings his pointer finger to the rim of his hat.
i bring my attention back to the family who's looking for their son? i think it was.
the lady in the cream dress just stands there, staring in the direction of the mysterious man.
the train continues to move as i keep my eyes on her.

third person pov-

"enola! florence! time to go!" mycroft says as he bangs on their bedroom door.
"enola, flora, the carriage is waiting." he shouts yet again, before opening the door and barging inside.
"florence?" he asks while walking towards her bed and pulling the covers down.
he gasps, as he sees a large rag doll, with floras hair color, and her purple dress.
"enola." he drags out in a rather annoyed tone.
as he pulls her covers down, he's left with the same thing, yet in a dark turquoise dress, and a picture on top.
mycroft is taken aback by the caricature enola had drawn of him that was set on top of her fake body.
he picks it up before screaming. "sherlock!"

florence's pov-

the train whistles yet again, as enola and i step into our carriage.
it's quite beautiful in fact! magnificent red seats, and an amazing set of windows with an incredible view of the outside world.
i take off my coat, along with enola, and sit across from her, closest to the window.
enola is fixing her sleeves as i look at the passing trees and land.
"i'm going to go see if they have any snacks. would you like anything flora?" enola asks.
"no i'm quite well, thank you though." i answer her as she opens the carriage door. "oh and be quick!" i yell.
i don't enjoy being by myself for very long, enola knows that.
"i know, i'm quite aware." enola teases as she walks out, closing the door behind her.
i turn my attention back to the window.
i'm pulled out of my daze as i hear a thud.
i look around rather confused.
a sneeze follows.
i look up at the shelf above me and see quite a large patterned bag.
it begins moving around, as grunts are heard.
i move to where enola was once sitting to get a better view of the mysterious bag.
a sharp object is cut through the fabric, tearing a line through it.
i sit back against the seat with wide eyes.
i'm not ready to die.
a hand pops out of the tear, and begins to un-fasten the bags buckles.
a head of rather long hair pops out, as the person try's to get the second buckle undone.
'a boy.' i think to myself.
he's having quite a struggle, as he begins to fall off the shelf.
"whoa!" he yells.
as he hits the ground, dust comes out of the ground, bag, who's knows.
i get as far into the corner of the seat as i can, with my hands up by my sides.
he lets out some pained sounds as i catch his eye.
he stares at me as he struggles to get out of the bag.
"hello." the boy says with wide eyes.
wow.
"uhm..." i stutter.
my, florence, get it together!
"are you ok?" i ask.
"not really." he says still on the ground.
"please get out of this carriage." i tell him, i know enola wouldnt won't someone i'm here.
"i cant. i'm in hiding." he informs me, slightly shaking his head, putting his knife away.
"bit of a to-do. bribed a porter to put me in this and get me onboard." he says while i follow him with my eyes.
he inhaled before turning to me. "very daring."
both of our heads turn towards the door.
there stands enola, already eating her small pack of peanuts.
"get out of this carriage right now." she says still standing in the door way.
he turns his head back to me, looking me up and down.
enola closes the door, and sits next to me.
"you're a..." he inhales. "a strange-looking pair of gentleman."
"you think you look normal?" enola snaps back.
"you're not a boy at all... neither of you." he tells us.
"we might be boys." i tell the boy who's name i still don't know.
"who are you?" he says, looking me in the eyes.
i look down, not wanting anyone to see the heat that's risen to my cheeks.
"what are you?" enola snaps yet again.

authors note !
as i said.... TEWKESBURY IS HERE !!