Broken - Part 9

A/N: Last Part! The rest of the Partizan series is on my Profile and if you're looking for the second it's conveniently titled 'The second Partizan' lol. Also if you want more Rosewood stuff I have another called 'The Light and Dark in Us' which is separate from this series :)

------------------------------------------------

The police arrive and arrest the two partners in crime, destroying the formula and leaving 8 very traumatised teenagers sat on the stairs of the mansion.

You hug Lottie for nearly a minute before everyone starts chatting about how crazy the last couple of hours have been.

"Y/n?" Lola approaches you with Percy, Anastacia and her brother.

You grimace, waiting for the question.

"What did Ingrid mean about you being Lottie's sister? I thought you were her old friend from Maradova?"

"Yeah...she made a mistake, now they'll be after me too because they think I'm Lottie's sister. But that doesn't make any sense does it? Because I'm older than Lottie, and there's only one princess! Honestly, I'll let them have it, I reckon it'll ease the focus off of her, and I guess I'll just hope that I don't get attacked."

Micky shrugs, "makes sense."

Anastacia doesn't look convinced, but nods anyway.

You spot Jamie sat apart from the rest and join him, thankful for an excuse to ditch the conversation.

"Are you hurt?"

He glances up,"Yes, you?"

"I'm fine," you sit down and wince from the movement, "ow. No, I'm not fine."

"Neither." He lifts the bottom of his shirt to reveal a very large unevenly coloured bruise marking the side of his torso.

"Oh my god Jamie are you okay?"

"You nearly died why do you care? You were kicked and cut and poisoned and thrown onto the floor stop caring about a bruise I have!"

You can't help it, you start laughing. You don't even know what's funny but relief and success lift your spirits. He doesn't smile back.

"Hey, Jamie, it's okay." You hug him, resting your chin on his shoulder. He hugs you back, trying to be gentle because of your wound. Being close to him you feel so safe, his heat warming your whole body, it's relaxing and comforting, causing worries to nearly vanish from your mind. When you pull away you smile softly.

"They're gone, relax, also sorry I got blood on your shirt." You giggle, the situation is so ridiculous, but luckily, no one was badly injured, and Lottie was safe, that was all that mattered right?

You look over to see Lottie and Ellie laughing, causing a smile to form on your face. Jamie starts writing on the back of his hand.

"What are you writing?" you ask, curious.

"The descriptions for Ingrid and Julius before I forget them."

You gently move his arm, causing him to halt, he's using your pen from art.

"You need to take a break Jamie, don't you realise how traumatic that was? We were both held with knives at our throats, I was ready to die. Don't you want a break?"

He looks up, you see in his eyes the same coldness and failure that he had when you were tied up on the floor, a new frown in his brow that seems almost permanent. It makes your heart hurt.

Lottie turns, listening to your conversation.

"That's the thing y/n, I almost lost you, I failed." His voice breaks as he murmurs the sentence.