13

Kova's pov

Kova's pov

Sunday night

"Wow... uh you look amazing." Darnell was left speechless.

I turned my head towards my front door to lock it. Also a way for me to hide my stupid smile.

"These are for you." Darnell handed me a bouquet of flowers. It was cute because it wasn't a basic red rose bouquet.

"Thank you Darnell. You are too nice." I walked with him to his car.

"Nice ride."

"Thanks... but it actually ain't mine. One of the guys on my team let me borrow it for this occasion." He opened the passenger car door.

"Thank you."

I had a night full of laughter and long conversations. I don't think I've ever been comfortable telling my family problems to anybody. But something with how Darnell carried himself. I felt like anything I said to him would be safe.

Monday Morning

"Good morning." I greet my best friend, Olivia as she sat by herself at a lunch table.

"Ooh someone is happy." A smile formed on her face as i set my bag down.

"Yes."

"Was it because of the date you had last night with Darnell?" She bit her lip nervously as I nodded my head.

I squealed so loud with excitement. I havent let out my thoughts on the date yet and I was ready.

"Olivia! He is so different from other guys. Like  hooking up with girls isnt even a priority to him. That alone makes a guy different from the rest. He actually has goals for himself. He respects women. He respects me. He's the definition of gentlemen." I went on and on. "Last night I opened up to him about my family issues."

"You did what?" Her jaw dropped. "I thought i was the only one." She pouted.

"Well not anymore." I let out a deep breath. "I dont know. Something about Darnell makes me feel safe. Not physically. Emotionally. He seems like a guy with good intentions. And i really want that." I looked Olivia into her eyes as she nodded. She was taking in all of this rambling.

"Did you guys kiss?"

"No.... but I'm happy we didnt. Kissing on the first date is cheesy."

"You do realize you made out with him before he asked you on a date?" She laughed a little.

"So now we're bringing up old shit?" I laugh with her.

That was until her smile faded.

"I gotta go." Then she was gone.

Before I could comprehend her disappearing. Jordan, Asher, and Spencer show up to the table.

They all seem like they were in a pretty good mood. Especially Jordan.

"Hey where did Olivia just go?" Asher interrogated before he could finish sitting down.

"She said she needed to go to the bathroom." I shrug. Then he just left it at that

"Sooo I heard your little dinner date with Darnell went pretty well?" Spencer sat next to me, playfully nudging me.

Due to Jordan sitting across from me i had to face him which felt weird.

Spencer bringing up Darnell made Jordan's face change.

And i could see it even if he can't.

"It went pretty well. We had a great time." I smiled at Spencer before looking back at Jordan who just got quiet.

Then the bell rang for our first period to start.

Asher and Spencer dipped very quickly.

"Hey our classes are right next to each other. Lets walk together." i grab my bag.

Jordan just nodded his head before walking the direction of our classes.

"Hey." I poke his arm. "Why are you so quiet?" I repeatedly poke him.

"Just tired."

"Mhm." I dont even bother pushing it.

"You want to hang out after school? Maybe get something to eat?"

"Cant. I have practice."

"Oh yeah. Me too." I let out a sigh. "What about after?"

"Okay sure. Sounds like a plan." He nodded his head.

"Great. Meet at the Diner." I gave him a little wave before entering my classroom.

—sweeteasaint