BY YOUR SIDE pt. 1(TodoDeku)

Start from the beginning

"You love me that much, huh?"

"Shut up, I just thought it was cute. I think of it as my lucky charm because the agency suddenly took pity and saved me from the mountain of paperwork reports I was about to do." Izuku laughed, "Anyway, enough about my day... how was your day off?"

Shouto shrugged, drinking a glass of water. "Boring," he said, "I can see why you don't usually request day off's. I couldn't sit still, knowing there were so many reports of incidents happening around town today,"

Izuku chuckled. "Is that how you stumbled upon mom's cookbook and decided to make curry?"

Shouto stuck his tongue out playfully as Izuku laughed. "Hey, at least I've improved by one recipe. Unlike you who only knows how to cook Katsudon and boil water,"

"That's not fair," Izuku complained as Shouto giggled. "I know how to fry eggs too, you know,"

"Yeah, okay, Mr. Pro-Hero," Shouto said as he stood up and started cleaning up, unaware of the stares Izuku was giving him-- something that one does before he reveals something.

"Shou,"

"Hmm?"

"I have something for you,"

"If it's that candy wrapper,--"

"It's not!" Izuku snorted as he stood up from his seat. "But you have to drop everything and close your eyes while I go get it in my bag,"

Shouto raised a brow in suspicion.

"It would ruin the surprise if you keep your eyes open," Izuku whined, giving his best puppy eyes. "Please close your eyes for me?"

The taller male rolled his eyes before shutting them, earning him a peck on the lips from Izuku. "I'll be right back," he said.

Shouto heard Izuku's bag zipping before his mate's heavy footsteps came back to the dining area where he was waiting. "No peeking, okay?"

"I haven't even opened my eyes yet," Shouto chuckled.

"Hold out your hand,"

Shouto didn't need to be asked twice as he held out his left hand and felt Izuku place something on his palm-- something thin and long. His brows furrowed as he tried to guess what the object was with his eyes closed, Shouto sought Izuku's help. "Any hint on what am I holding?"

"Open your eyes and see," Izuku answered.

Heterochromatin eyes of silver and blue met green ones as Izuku flashed him a smile before Shouto looked down on the object Izuku gave him.

His eyes widened at the sight before he looked back at Izuku who couldn't hold out his excitement. "I-is this...?"

Izuku bit his lip as he attempted to compose himself. "I have been feeling queasy and nauseous lately," he explained, "I've also started experiencing sudden mood swings a-and... well..."

"When did you take this?"

"A week ago," Izuku answered. "I didn't tell you because I was waiting for the doctor's confirmation, I mean... these things aren't that accurate as they say in packaging so... I had to make sure first before I tell you,"

Shouto's face was unreadable and Izuku's heart hammered against his chest as his mate looked down on the object once more and muttered. "You're pregnant..."

Izuku meekly nodded, giving him a wavy smile. "Three weeks pregnant, according to the doctor," he said, "Surprise..."

Gradually, Shouto's mouth twitched and broke out into a smile as he swooped down and hugged Izuku-- twirling him around as he gave out a whoop of joy. "YOU'RE PREGNANT! OH, GODS! I AM GOING TO BE A FATHER! OH, IZUKU! IZUKU! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" he said, unable to contain the tears that flowed down his face.