Homecoming Part II

Gunmar exclaimed, "Humans? Here? The bridge is open! Catch them!"

The army started coming for us and Claire said, "This way." We went towards the passageway. Nomura, Jim, and I guarded Claire and Toby as Gunmar's army approached us.

"It's locked!" Toby yelled as we tried to push it open. No, no, no. This can't be happening. I thought about summoning the power to turn the tides of battle right then and there, but decided against it due to the fact that I can only use it once per battle. I have to use it at the right moment and I wasn't sure if this was the right moment.

"You have to get us to the Bridge!" Nomura proclaimed.

"Let him follow us?" Toby questioned in disbelief and I added, "Toby's right! We're not that crazy."

"Leave that to me." Nomura said as she looked at a screeching bird that was locked up in a cage shaped like a skull. The bird like creature looked like the same creature that attacked Jim on his birthday. What did Jim call that thing again? Stalklings? She threw one of her swords towards the cage and freed the creature. The creature charged towards the trolls and were keeping them busy while Claire and Toby seemed to have found the actual use for the object that Kanjigar gave Claire. Then, Gunmar seemed to charge up from the crystals and charged over towards us. He killed the stalkling with ease, which honestly completely terrified me.

"Claire... Toby... Anytime now." I called over to them.

"We're trying!" Claire yelled, then, I heard a click and the gate opened. Awesome!

"Come on! Come on. Let's go, Jim and Monica!" Toby yelled. We ran through the gate as Gunmar proclaimed, "Release my army!"

"What is Nomura doing here?" Toby questioned.

"She's with us." Jim said.

"You're supposed to be alone. Kanjigar said you had to be alone!" Toby exclaimed.

"Wait. What?" Jim exclaimed.

"This way!" Nomura ordered. We followed her, but then she turned around and told us to go the other way. We slid down some steep stairs and continued running. I lagged behind a bit to talk with Claire and Toby as Claire commented, "Wasn't expecting to find her here."

"I know, right? And we're supposed to rescue Jim. Only Jim." Toby said.

"I know. You wanna be the one to tell her that. What do you think, Monica?" Claire wondered.

"I'm not sure. Let's focus on trying to get out of here first. As we near the gate, we'll see what we can do." I answered. They both nodded and we refocused back on our task to which we received a dead end in the form of a foreboding chasm. Great. Now what were we going to do? I tried looking for another path as Jim told Nomura, "We can look for another way around."

"No time." Nomura said and I had to agree with her on that, but what---then she jumped towards the rocks where a chain was hanging and cut the chain and brought it back to us. She handed the chain to me and said, "Youth before beauty."

"You're totally right, Nomura." I said and handed the chain towards Jim with a smug look on my face. Jim shot me a glare as Nomura smirked.

Claire and Jim swung to the other side. When they got to the other side, Claire slipped, but Jim kept her from falling. Nearly had a heart attack, but sighed with relief as they both stumbled backwards out of harms way and fell on the ground with Claire right on top of Jim.

"Hey! Watch the hands!" Claire demanded.

Jim held up his hands and said, "Oh, I really pictured that going more smoothly."

Toby freaked out as Nomura wrapped the chain around him, then he said timidly, "Thank you, Ms. Nomura."

"I never liked you." Nomura stated.

Toby groaned, "Might be a little tight."

"Would you rather fall?" I questioned. Toby paled and proclaimed, "It's fine. It's fine then."

"Anything else I can get you?" Nomura questioned darkly. Toby muttered, "No, no, no." And he continued to say no repeatedly as Nomura swung him across the chasm towards Jim and Claire. However, he was unable to grab hold of their hands and swung back across the chasm and dangled ominously over the dark pit below. I could hear the Gumm Gumms approaching, but before I could react, Nomura grabbed ahold of me and jumped onto Toby, swinging us all to the other side while she cut the chain.

We made it across the chasm, but when we landed, we were all on top of each other. I groaned as I got up and heard Toby say, "Thanks, Ms. Nomura."

"I still don't like you." Nomura responded immediately. I was still in shock, but snapped out of it pretty quickly since we were running for our lives, which is the best motivation. As we were running, we heard more growling, but it was different.

"Do you hear that?" Jim questioned.

"Hard to ignore." I commented as we slowed down. Toby added, "I'm hearing a lot of things and I'm not liking any of it."

"Goblins? I hate goblins." Claire stated in disgust, which cued the raining down of green and white goblins all around them. I willed the bow to transform into daggers and started taking them down one by one, but we were getting overwhelmed.

"There's too many!" Nomura shouted.

"Run!" Jim ordered. I led the front and took down goblins left and right with Claire and Toby until we found ourselves in a small cavern with Jim and Nomura still behind us taking down as many goblins as they can. They slowly followed us as we quickly turned a corner to evade them. The way ahead was blocked by goblins and Toby exclaimed, "Not that way! It's like a goblin rainbow of death!" We found another tunnel to run in. Soon, we found ourselves at the edge of a drop off of an even larger chasm. This is so not good.

"A dead end!" Jim exclaimed and added in realization as the swarm of goblins surrounded them on the other side, "They were herding us."

"Herding? To what?" Claire questioned.

"I think I've got a pretty good idea." I stated.

"Not what. Who?" Nomura more clearly answered to Claire.

Out of the shadows, Gunmar appeared, drawing his blue sword and pointing it toward them. He commanded, "The Bridge. You will take me there."

"Stay away from the sword. He'll put you under his control!" Nomura warned.

Well, this is going to be difficult.