The Shattered King Part II

We were walking through a swamp-like area looking for the Quagawumps. This place gave me the chills and I wasn't the only one who was on edge about this place because Claire said, "This place is creepy. Where are we?"

        "A place renowned for its vast swamps, theme parks, and retirement communities. Florida." Blinky informed us.

        "Come on, Your Eminence. You people await." Claire teased. I snickered and Jim playfully punched my arm and whispered, "You two are just making him more nervous."

        "I'm just saying- I'm build to be a sidekick, you know? I'm not leading man material. I'm a wing man." Toby stuttered.

        "Don't be a wuss." Jim said.

        "You're one to talk." I retorted. Jim glared at me and I laughed. He turned back to Toby and said, "Come on." Suddenly, twigs started snapping and the Quagawumps appeared. My eyes widened as they started chanting and surrounding us. Hopefully, the plan will work. It has to work because if it doesn't, well... I'd rather not think about it.

        "Mm. Humans! A taste not common." One of the Quagawumps said. We called out for Toby and he came forward. All of the Quagawumps gasped and stared at him. Toby coughed and announced, "It is I, the Shower King!" Blinky coughed, "The Shattered King." Then, Toby corrected himself, "The Shattered King. Reincarnated as a human! Whoo-oo!" He was doing this like he was a ghost. He's going to blow our cover.

        "You're not a ghost." Jim stated. The Quagawumps started chanting again and the Wumpa who spoke to us before, spoke again while observing Toby, "Gunmar kill you. You cannot be. Prove you are he. Show us great magics, god king. Hi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yah!" And the other Quagawumps repeated her chant.

        Toby whimpered and sighed, "Okay. Alright, now. Stand back." The chanting stopped and Toby continued, "This one's not for the faint of heart. Abara Cadabara, nothing up my sleeve-ara!" He did the most basic magic trick in the book and pretended to make his thumb disappear. Claire face-palmed and I smiled nervously hoping that the Quagawumps would by it.

        "He dismembered his hand and then rejoined his flesh and bone!" One of the Wumpa announced amazed.

        "His magic is so powerful!" The other Wumpa said. They started chanting again and picked up Toby. Then, they took off with him. They accepted him. Yes!

        "Nice work, Tobes! You are leading man material!" Jim called after him. Toby laughed clearly not amused. We reached the place where the Quagawumps resided and one of the Quagawumps announced, "The lost king returns!" All of them started chanting and we looked at the statue of the Shattered King. He looked exactly like Toby.

        "No way." I said.

        "I don't believe it." Jim stated.

        "Neither do I." Claire said.

        "Ugh. I know, right? He doesn't even look anything like me." Toby said. He shrieked as the Quagawumps began observing their lost king. They were telling him how his teeth had precious metals and that he was handsome. Toby agreed with their statement and began telling them that's what kept telling the girls at school, but they didn't seem interested. Then, the Quagawumps demanded that he tell them who these girls are and they will hunt them down.

        "No, don't do that! That's very kind of you, but not necessary." Toby said. Suddenly, the fires blazed to life and the Quagawumps started singing a beautiful song.

        "A song of a Quagawump. No outsider has ever heard such a rare delight." Blinky explained.

        "Catchy." Aaarrrgghh stated.

        "Awesome sauce!" Toby exclaimed clearly excited.

        "This song is so beautiful." Claire said and I nodded in agreement. Then, a Wumpa came up to us and announced, "Come we feast!"

        "Oh! What's on the menu?" Jim wondered. The Wumpa said,

        "Outsider tried to sneak into camp last night. Tonight, we eat its heart." That's wonderful.