Return of the Trollhunter Part I

It was late in the night. The fire cat had been chasing us since school got out. We called Jim earlier and told him what had happened. He told us to keep running and he would figure these things out. Great. While he gets to be safe and sound, Toby and I have to run for our lives! We barely managed to dodge a car. At least, I managed to avoid it. Toby, on the other hand, hit the car and rolled across the hood. I ran over to him and helped him up. How much longer was Jim going to take? We can't keep running like this forever. We took a second to breathe, but it was cut short when we saw the fire cat approaching us.

        "Oh, what are you doing, Tobes. Only an idiot would races a creature with four legs." Toby panted.

        "Come on, Toby! We can do this. We just have to hold out for a little longer. Jim will be here any second. I'm sure of it." I encouraged him. In all honesty, I was starting to have doubts. We've been running from this creature for hours and Jim wasn't anywhere to be seen. By the time he reaches us, he would probably find our barbecued remains. In the distance, we noticed that there was a fence coming up. Crap! This is just what we needed. Toby tried crawling up it, but the fence fell over. I guess that settles that.

        "Whoa!" Toby yelled. The fire cat was slowly stalking us. Ready to pounce. This was the end. Then, I heard a familiar sound. It was Jim's Vespa. I looked around and I spotted Jim coming, "Hop on!" I grabbed his hand and we all got on the bike driving away from the fire cat. What was that thing? We kept telling Jim to get going.

        "Adios, fire cat." Jim said. He tried to started up the Vespa, but it started to short-circuit. Don't shut down. Don't shut down.

        "Hey, maybe save the jokes when we aren't going to die." Toby said.

        "Come on!" Jim yelled, then the tires started screeching and we were off. Yes! Toby kept trying to tell Jim to keep going and Jim said, "I can't believe that you took that stupid rock to science class, Toby. You could've gotten yourself or Monica killed."

        "First, it's not a rock. It's a volcanic slag. And how was I supposed to know that there was a flaming monster in it?" Toby retorted. We really don't have time for this argument.

        "You bought a magic rock off a troll named 'Mervin the Monster Dealer'. What did you think would happen, Tobes?" Jim asked. We pulled into an alley way, "Blinky, please tell me you have it."

        "Of course, Master Jim! You've lured the luminaire right into our stratagem. " Blinky said.

        "Stratagem?" Aaarrrgghh wondered.

        "It means brilliant trap." I told him. We heard a growl and backed up. Whatever they have planned, they better execute it now. Blinky wasn't doing anything. He was just slowly backing away in fear. "What are you waiting for? Throw it!" Jim exclaimed.

        "Um. Master Jim, you said that this was a luminaire, when that is obviously an infernal hellheeti." Blinky pointed out. Great. That means they don't have the weapon we need to defeat this creature. "Should I punch it?" Aaarrrgghh questioned, while Toby was throwing objects at the fire cat.

        "Yeah, let him unleash the fury." Toby said. I continued backing away from the creature while Blinky said, "Not yet, Aaarrrgghh."

        "It came from a rock. How many four-legged flaming creatures come out of rocks?" Jim wondered.

        "As a matter of fact, eleven. Thirteen, if you consider-" Blinky was interrupted by Aaarrrgghh who shouted, "Can I punch it?"

        "YES!" Jim, Toby, and I yelled at the same time while Blinky yelled no. Aaarrrgggh jumped up into the air and punched the creature. Instead of destroying it, it made it multiply. Dang it! It had split into three fire cats. What are we going to do?

        "I was going to add, 'Make sure you do not feed the fire by attacking it!'" Blinky pointed out. Oops. Toby started panicking and I was trying my best not to panic, but if we didn't get out of this soon, I will start panicking.

        "If we don't want to feed the fire, how do we put it out?" Jim questioned.

        "You have sour sap, dew dredge, lumpkin oil-" Blinky was cut off by Jim, "What about water?"

        "That would an obvious one. Where would we get enough of that?" Blinky wondered. We looked over to the fire hydrant. Jim yelled at Aaarrrgghh to throw him, and Jim sliced the fire hydrant, which sprouted water. He took out all the fire cats. We laughed. Toby and Aaarrrgghh did their handshake and Toby said, "Adios, fire cats."

        "Well done, Master Jim. Another victory for our Trollhunter." Blinky praised.

        "Trollhunters. Come, guys, it's a team effort." Jim corrected.

        "Uh. Guys, the fire hydrant?" I questioned, then Aaarrrgghh jammed back into place. The only problem was that it was crooked. "Close enough."

        "It's getting close to dawn. You guys better get back to Troll market." Jim told them. We got back on his Vespa and we went our seperate ways. School was going to be starting soon, so we needed to get as soon as possible.