Alex lowered his voice as he spoke to his friends, "As you trudged through the snow while you whittled your own scalpels."

Allison and Lexie hid their laughs behind their hands, as Jackson snorted. Dr. Stark continued to write on the chart, "Sorry. I didn't quite catch that, Karev."

***

"You guys superglued yourselves together on purpose?" Allison asked the couple who were making out, since she was covering the E.R.

"Apparently my sons and girlfriends love is so great, they can't hear you." The father spoke up, "Yes, they superglued their arms and hands together on purpose."

"Uh, why—why would they do that?" Allison asked as she tried to see how to take off the glue.

"We're moving to Wisconsin tomorrow."

"No, you're moving, dad. I'm staying here with Lauren." The boy said, as he stopped making out with his girlfriend.

"No, you're not. You're going to Wisconsin with me and your mom, and the dog and the cat." Mr. Nystrom shook his head.

The boy shook his head, "No. Not without Lauren. I'm not."

"Nobody can tear us apart, Mr. Nystrom." Lauren spoke up, as her boyfriend gave her a look of adoration.

"I know that, Lauren, but the doctor here is still gonna give it a try."

Allison nodded as she turned around to look at the glue one more time.

"I wish we could glue our lips together forever." Lauren whispered to her boyfriend, who nodded his head before they began to make out once again.

"I will figure something out." Allison nodded, as she scrunched her nose in disgust.

***

"I've been looking everywhere for you guys." Allison said as she opened the door to the attendings lounge, "What are you guys doing here?"

"Pizza?" Alex offered.

Allison grabbed a slice as she ate the slice, "I have stupid teenage patients who superglued themselves together so their parents can't tear them apart."

"Mm. That sounds romantic."

"Yeah more like stupidity." Allison scoffed, "I have no idea how to get them apart without taking half their skin."

"Try acetone." Alex suggested.

Allison nodded as she finished her slice of pizza, "Thank you."

***

Allison sighed as she put on some gloves on, "This might stain but as the skin starts to separate you may feel some pain."

"I feel nothing but pain right now."

"Me too." The sound of the phone ringing causes Allison to look at the man, "It's your mother, Lauren. This is just gonna take a few more minutes, right?"

"Hopefully." Allison faked smiled.

"Is it working? God. I can't look." Lauren groaned as she nuzzled her head on her boyfriends neck.

"Please. If we could just stay together one more day—"

"Well, you'll definitely be together for another hour, because this is not working." Allison let a frustrated sigh.

"Yes." The couple began to make out once again making Allison quietly groan.

She noticed Dr. Bailey's figure not too far away as she smiled, quickly taking off her gloves.

"Dr. Bailey, I'm so glad you're here." Allison smiled as she caught up to the woman.

"I'm not here. You don't see me. I just need a nap before I go home, but first I need some food."

"This will just take a second, I've got these two, 15-year olds they superglued themselves together—uh they're in life or whatever they think they are. I tried petroleum and acetone to separate them but—"

"Don't separate them." Bailey interrupted her.

"Uh what?"

"Young people need love too, Carter. We all need love. If the world had more love, we could get rid of wars and fístulas." Bailey tried to insert her dollar into the machine but it wouldn't work, "Why won't this thing take my money?"

"Dr. Bailey." Allison spoke up, "You're drunk."

"Tipsy." Bailey corrected.

Allison was amused, "Okay, well I'm gonna go take that dollar from you and get you a snack."

Allison tried her hardest not to laugh as she put the dollar inside the vending machine.

***

The ringing of a phone made Allison look at Dr. Bailey, who was sitting in a gurney so she can sober up. "Ooh. It's the O.R." Bailey laughed as she put the phone to her ear but she shook her head and gave the phone to Allison.

"Hello? Dr. Bailey's phone." Allison answered, "No, she is indisposed at the moment. Could you please page someone else? Thank you."

Bailey began to laugh, "Good. That's good. Now give me my phone. I need to call Ben."

"Uh—who's Ben?"

"My ex. I dumped him, which I now realize was a big mistake, so I want to call him. I want to call him and tell him I have needs 'cause he understood how to take care of my needs in a way my husband did not. I want to tell him that, so give me my phone."

"Dr. Bailey are you going to drunk call your ex and tell him you want him back?" Allison asked trying her hardest not to laugh as she tried to put the phone out of Bailey's reach.

Bailey managed to steal the phone away from Allison as she talked about how she will one day find her 'Ben'. "Use soap and water." Bailey said catching the attention of Allison, "Use soap, water and put a little acetone in. It works like a charm."

"Okay. Thank you."

***

Allison sat in the back of the car in between Alex and Jackson. She had her head peacefully resting on Alex's shoulder, until April moved to grab a slice of pizza causing Allison to rest her head on Jackson's shoulder.

"I had to use soap and water." Allison told Alex, who told her to use acetone.

"What" Alex asked.

"The acetone didn't work on the superglue till I mixed it with soap and water."

"I could use a little soap and water right now." Jackson commented, "I feel disgusting."

"And you smell disgusting." Allison added as she closed her eyes.

"I can smell you from up here." Meredith added.

"I want a beer." Alex admitted, making Jackson open his eyes, "Who's up for beer?"

"Mm." April hummed.

"Where are you gonna get beer at 6am?" Lexie asked with a smile.

"At home." Meredith answered, smiling as they continued to make their way home.

Jackson couldn't help but smile as he glanced at Allison's head resting on his shoulder, home.