Ch 7

Anthony

I was walking in a haze for the last few days for all I could think about was him. The only thing that really took me out of it was when Lilly and I talked about her wedding. I found out about it only two days ago when Lilly showed me the massive rock my best friend put on her finger. I wasn't shocked to say the least. Jason has always loved Lilly and honestly I'm more surprised he didn't propose sooner. According to him, the incoming baby helped with having the wedding in such short notice.

"You seem more happy." Lilly stated as she was showing me wedding dress ideas. "I guess PT is going well?" A blush grew on my face as well as a smile I was unable to hide. "Yeah, Jonathan is actually a really nice guy." Lilly gave me a look that I couldn't quite decipher on its meaning. "What?" I questioned. "Oh it's nothing... now should I do lace or silk?"

————————————————————————

I was staring at my ceiling as Butter cuddled into my side on my bed. The nights were always the hardest for me as the moment I closed my eyes I would receive flashbacks from the accident and could almost feel the pain all over again. Butter sensing my pain would always wake me up and let me hug and cry into her until I could go back to sleep. I honestly don't know how I could have survived without her. As my eyelids started to droop, a ding from my phone told me there was a message.

Jason realized I could't get back into the field yet for the mafia, so I'm now just doing office work. Due to that, I've been receiving MANY text messages. I've gotten to the point of almost breaking my phone and pleading to Jason to at least let me do the easy outside work. He obviously told me no.

I opened my phone and the sudden bright light caused me to blink for a second before I could see the message. When I could see clearly, the message took me by surprise. It wasn't from work, but rather Jonathan.

-Hey

Was all the message said. I was confused by the random text. Even though a few days ago we said we were going to see where this was going to take us, neither one of us made a move. Well, until now that is.

I responded with a quick 'hi' and eagerly waited for a response. I was so eager that I was no longer lying down but hunched over in a sitting position, staring wide-eyed at my phone. Another ding cause me to jump, making Butter wake up beside me.

-So I was wondering if you wanted to meet up? Like maybe get food?

I large smile blossomed on my face. I quickly typed 'sure' and then quickly felt the need to jump up and down like a teenage girl.

-Does tomorrow work? 12:30ish?

He wants to see me tomorrow? Holy fucking hell! Butterflies started to fly like crazy within my stomach. I waited to think on how to respond if I felt okay to go out. Deciding to just fuck it, I told him that the time sounded good.

Oh dear god. I don't think I'm ready...

Jonathan

I told Anthony to meet me at the clinic since where I was taking him was a surprise. The moment he stepped out of the car, I had to take a double take. Dressed in ripped black skinny jeans, Vans, a white Nike crew neck, and a black baseball cap stood Anthony. I felt like I had to wipe drool from my mouth.

With a slight limp he walked over to me. "Is your leg hurting?" He looked at me with his beautiful blue eyes as I looked back with concern. "Sort of, but it's not too bad today." I nodded and lead him to my car. When he settled into the passenger seat he looked over at me with a wide smile. "So! Where are we going?" He was almost bouncing in his seat with excitement, causing me to chuckle. "It's a surprise."

A few minutes into the drive, with music as background noise, I decided to make a move and reach over to hold his hand. I was meaning to do it awhile ago, but I finally was able to have the guts to just go for it. I felt him freeze for a second the moment I touched him, but once I started rubbing my thumb on the back his hand, he relaxed. I looked over at him for a quick second and saw him blush while looking at our intertwined fingers. Cute.

Pulling up into the parking lot of the restaurant, Anthony wouldn't let me finish parking before he tried to get out of the car. "Woah! Calm down!"I chuckled. "I can't! You fucking brought me to Cheesecake Factory! Do you know how much I wanted to come here?!" My smile only grew wilder at his childish antics. The man in front of me has talked about this restaurant non-stop during our first PT session. Of course I had to bring him.

When I got out of the car, Anthony grabbed my hand and dragged me into the building. When entering, Anthony was so enthralled by the interior, I had to grab his hand when the waitress was leading us to our table. The moment the girl set the Bible thick menus on our tables, Anthony finally took his eyes away from the decor.

"So I'm guessing you're happy?" He nodded his head while shoving the bread, they give you, into his mouth. "Yes. Thank you by the way." I smiled at him and looked at the menu to soon realize it was going to take me ages to figure out what I would want.

To my surprise, the conversation flowed and Anthony talked about literally everything and anything in between eating. He used to play football in high school, loves his job, and I found out that the dog I saw he had at the park was named Butter as that was his favorite food.

"Would you like to meet her?" Anthony and I were waiting for our dessert since we just finished our actual meal. "Butter?" He nodded his head with a wide smile. "Yeah I would love to." His smile grew wider, but it soon dropped when he looked over at the table next to us. It was filled with a bunch of teens looking over at Anthony and whispering among themselves with chuckles. My mood immediately changed to pure anger and it took almost all of me to not get up and tell them to fuck off.

When looking back at Anthony, my heart broke for him. He was trying to hide his face with his hand but I grabbed it and pulled it towards me. I kissed his knuckles and looked up to see him look at me wide-eyed. "Hey let's get to-go boxes for our dessert and then we can go see Butter." With a sad look still on his face, he nodded. I hate teenagers.

The drive to his place was silent. The only noise was the GPS and the music playing on very low volume. I went to grab his hand, but he just moved it alway from my grip and continued to stare out the window. The rest of the drive was held in awkward tension.

When pulling up the driveway, I saw the place he lived in was massive. He mumbled when we were getting out of the car that it's actually his best friend and fiancé's place, but he's just living here. I nodded while still looking at the hotel looking building with my mouth wide open. "What the hell does your friend do?" For the first time since the incident he smiled. "He's kind of like a CEO."