(6) Wedding Season Begins

It was the first weekend of October as Bucky and Cassidy were Greenwich Connecticut. Noah and Madison were getting married. Madison let her family know that she was adding a bunch more people to the guest list after getting close with everyone. They were getting ready in their hotel room. Bucky pulled out a rolled up plastic bag out of his suitcase. 

"Baby.." he said as he zipped the back of her dress. 

"Yeah.." she said 

"You look beautiful. But I have something for you." He said as she turned around. 

He pulled out two jewelry boxes. When he popped open the first box it was a big red cocktail ring that he slid on her right hand. He opened the second one to reveal matching drop earrings. 

"Buck.." she whispered as she took out her earrings. 

Once she had them in her ears she kissed him. "I love them." She said 

He smiled at her as she fixed his tie. "I called Georgina she said that Maxwell is doing fine. Branson even though he's only 2 is a big help." He said 

She let out a giggle. "He loves his little cousin. And I'm glad that she isn't have any problems." She said remembering the first day they had to go to class and left him with the nanny. 

Bucky kissed her head so he wouldn't ruin her make up. Cassidy fixed her phone so they could take a picture together. They took two selfies one of them smiling together and the other was them kissing. They headed downstairs to the ballroom the wedding was being held in. They found seats with the others who had been saving them seats.

"You all look nice." Madelyn said 

"Thanks." They both said 

As they waited for the ceremony they all were taking more selfies together. Once the ceremony was over they all headed to the reception. After the bride and groom were done with photos Noah came over with his dad. 

"Dad this is James Barnes the third and his lovely wife Cassidy. This is my dad Charles Noah Heywerd Sr." Noah said 

"Nice to meet you sir." Bucky said 

"You look just like your dad. Nice to meet you and you as well Mrs Barnes. How is your old man?" Charles said

"He's doing well." He said 

"And your mother Winnie right?" Charles said 

"Yes sir. Working as a top defense lawyer back home in Georgia." Bucky said 

"Tell them Dr Charles Heyward said hello. I played ball with your daddy and went through under grad and med school with him. My wife did too sadly we lost her last year. So now it's just me Noah and his little sister Jenna." Charles said 

"I will tell them both and so sorry for your loss." He said as they shook hands. 

Charles left them to go mingle with other family members. Noah was still standing there when Madison came up to them. 

"Okay..so your dad is scarier than mine." Bucky said 

Noah let out a laugh. Bucky also met Madison's parents who also knew his parents. Cassidy had to remember her dad  attended Harvard too but her dad did not play sports and her mother attended UMass. They met at a coffee shop where she worked to pay for college. When the night was finally over Cassidy had posted all of the pictures they had taken.

"Best times with the best of friends! #heywardblakwedding." Was the caption. 

But somewhere in Texas Sam Steve Nat and Sam's girl Zara. They were all in zoom having one of their nightly chats with the rest of the group. 

"Oh my god! What the actual fuck!" Nat blurted out as she scrolled through her newsfeed. 

"What?" Wanda's voice came through the speaker. 

"Go to her Facebook or instagram. They look like one of those couples that are considered "classy couples.". " Nat said 

Everyone pulled out their phones and started to scroll through the pictures. 

"It's like she sucked the life out of him and replaced him with the perfect boy for her." Scott said 

"It's more like he turned himself into the very thing he made fun of her for in Vegas. Remember how he was so defensive about how she wanted to go to college up there. And he was all she wants a yankee rich boy to pop her." Clint said 

"He ended up popping her." Hope said 

"I don't care. This has to stop. He can't be that happy up there. Harvard isn't even doing that great on the field. He wanted the NFL..so why did he choose this life a life he wanted to get so far away from." Sam said 

"She can't be that good in bed.." Rhodes said

"Maybe it ain't about the sex but more along the lines of her boobs. He was obessessed with them in Vegas. How many times did he make comments about them." Steve said 

Bobbi left the room Clint and her were in. "Baby?" Clint said as she shut their bedroom. 

As Bobbi laid there in the dark where she and Clint attended school in UCLA. She scrolled through the pictures. She was the only one who remembered their wedding night the one who stood up in court to let them know what happen. Quite frankly it seemed to be her that was the only one who remembered that it was Natasha that got them all in this mess. She thought the pictures were adorable. 

She continued to hear her friends talk about them like they did something wrong. Nat blurted out that at Christmas she thinks they needed to do a intervention. Bobbi just shook her head and sighed. She was asleep by the time the conversation was over and Clint came to bed.