- 𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔶. ミ

Start from the beginning

Shame burned his cheeks and he folded the papers up, placing them back down again. He felt terrible for leaving Cynthia right before the wedding; it was in a week, for Christ's sake! But it was too late to turn back now. The plan was set in stone.

He honestly could care less about starting a scene. Of course his running away was going to cause a ruckus, AND they were doing it right before the wedding. People would go on about it for ages. Though he didn't give a toss about what anyone thought of him. Only Cynthia, George, Ringo, and Paul. Their opinions mattered the most to him.
He unfolded the paper, deciding to begin writing Cynthia's letter.

Cynthia,

This might come as a bit of a shock to you. I'll have probably slipped this on your nightstand, maybe in the pocket of one of your coats, and you'll not have expected it, really. But I have to tell you.
I'm running away.
By the time you find this, I'll have already left. I'm so sorry for leaving you at this point in time, but I just couldn't do this anymore. I couldn't keep up this stupid façade of the perfect prince - or something like that, I don't know - anymore. Paul is my everything now. I love him, and he loves me. I have to get away, where I can truly be myself and be with him. Properly. This life Mimi has laid out for me is too much to bear, and I've always wished for something different, ever since I was a kid. I need to take this opportunity for myself.
I can't tell you where I'm going, though I'm sure you know that. I will tell you this - I am with Paul, George and Ringo. All four of us. We'll be alright; we have each other's backs.

I won't be coming back for a long time, I think. I need to wait until everything blows over before I could think of coming back to Liverpool, and who knows how long that will be?
I promise I'll visit you if I ever come back. You're such a wonderful girl, Cynthia. I love you very much. I'm glad you were there for me when I was going through a hard time, and it felt like no one else really was. I hope you find true happiness, because you deserve everything good in the world after what I'd done to you. I can't express how sorry I am for how I discarded you, how much it hurt you at first. I did love you in the way everyone thinks I do at one point, but.. that's long gone. But don't worry. I know you have Jane, and I'm sure you two will be very happy together. I still love you, as you're one of the closest friends I've ever had - besides George and Ringo, of course.

Please don't worry for me. I'll be fine. We're all going to be okay. You don't have to marry someone who doesn't love you anymore, you don't have to become Queen of Liverpool.. those expectations are lifted with me gone now. Don't listen to what Mimi says if she has a freakout. Just.. do what you love. Like your writing. You should pursue it. I know you love it, and you have an aptitude for it. You should look into it more.

I'll maybe see you again one day, who knows?
For now, goodbye. You won't hear from me again for a while. I'll see you later.

John

With that, he placed his ink pen back in the bottle, eyes skimming over the words again one last time. He was about to fold it up and put it away for later on, when there were footsteps sounding outside his room, a knock on the door following it. He'd been about to ask who it was, but the door was swung open before he could do so, and he spun around on his seat to be greeted with the sight of Mimi. His heart skipped with fear and he quickly folded up the papers, holding them behind his back. She crossed her arms, dressed in a pure white silk dress.

"What are you doing?" Mimi furrowed her brows, gaze immediately attaching to the papers he'd hidden behind him.

"Just writing a letter." He'd been about to say to Cynthia, but thought better of it on account of the fact that she was already at the manor, in the study room reading. She'd arrived just before Christmas and celebrated it with them, and now was staying there until the wedding; she was supposed to move into the manor after it, and quite a lot of her possessions had been brought in already.