Chapter 1: Jack in London

1750
Narrator's POV   

Jack stood before King George at the center of his palace in London, requesting a ship and a crew for the journey to the Foundain of Youth before the Spanish crown could get a hold of it, as they were already ahead.

There was a banquet of refined foods and pastries on a long table between them. The walls were covered in beautiful murals and portraits in a Renaissance style. The tiled floor was in black and white patterned squares, and the table was covered in a thick gold fabric, surrounded by gold and white baroque style chairs. 

It had been many years since the War Against Piracy with Beckett and the East India Trading Company and the Flying Dutchman, but Jack had still not acquired the Black Pearl back from Annette and Barbossa, nor found the Fountain of Youth

It had been many years since the War Against Piracy with Beckett and the East India Trading Company and the Flying Dutchman, but Jack had still not acquired the Black Pearl back from Annette and Barbossa, nor found the Fountain of Youth. It had been twenty-one years since he has seen his crew, besides Gibbs who he had left in a jail cell because he stole Jack's map right before meeting with King George.

The days turned into weeks, and the weeks turned into summers. Not a single one went by where he didn't think of her and wonder where she was. He would plunder around the world to find her again.

At one point during the two decades of no communication, Jack ran into Annette on the island of Saint Thomas in the Caribbean, but it was not until after she strived to sever his arm did they notice each other.

The exact year was unknown, but it was around a decade after the Pearl left Jack in Tortuga. He was walking aimlessly around the island of Saint Thomas, just east of Puerto Rico. His efforts of obtaining a proper ship and a crew were fruitless. He cared more for obtaining a magnificent vessel rather than a crew, which was hard to come by.

Jack found himself on Saint Thomas after overhearing about a pair of magical lockets that were rumored to be hidden amongst the island while he was in a tavern in Tortuga. Desperate for a lick of adventure, he floated down the Caribbean Sea with his dinghy to the small island.

The necklace pair has many large oval beads that bordered the gold ornamental work of fine wire that formed a delicate branch pattern that was divided by smaller circle beads

The necklace pair has many large oval beads that bordered the gold ornamental work of fine wire that formed a delicate branch pattern that was divided by smaller circle beads. It's said that when you wear it, you can telepathically communicate emotions with whoever wears the other locket, as long as you engrave their name into yours. The lockets were enchanted by Mary, Queen of Scots in the mid-1500's. It's not the most exciting object that Jack has searched for, but he was desperate for another venture.