Grom Night

This book has brought me so much joy writing and I am grateful for every single one of you. Thank you for all the support you have given me. Also, I thought this song matched this chapter. You guys are definitely my yellows.<3 ~lxpis

~~~

Plot: Amity spends grom without Luz

~~~

3rd Person POV:

Amity sat down on the bleachers, looking down at the dance floor. Everyone was dancing with their dates, and it made her frown. It was Grom Night, the day Amity was dreading. All she could think of was the night they had at the dance last year.  Since Luz left, she's felt empty inside; like there's a hole right in her heart, a cavity. Amity hadn't been the same since. She's been quieter and not getting good grades as she used to. Life just wasn't the same without Luz here. She was always the one that could make Amity laugh, the one that pushed Amity every day to do better; It was so different now that she's gone. Amity still remembered the talk they had right before she left like it was yesterday.

~~~

"Why can't you just stay, you said you hated the human realm" Amity cried out, her voice cracking from her sobs. Luz looked down at the ground and tears rolled down her cheeks. She knew Amity was right, the Boiling Isles was so much better than the human realm, but she couldn't leave everyone behind. "Amity, I have to. It's not fair to my mom," Luz said quietly, standing in front of the portal. Amity didn't know what to say, it was all too much for her. "What about us! Do you think it's fair for us!?" She exclaimed, waving her hands in the air. Amity knew she sounded selfish, but it was the truth. Amity stopped when she felt a warm feeling in her hands. She looked down and saw Luz's hand connected in hers. "Amity, I know how you feel, and I don't want to go," Luz started. She looked up to face the Blight, "but we both knew my time here was limited," She said with a soft smile.

Amity couldn't keep it in anymore, she fell into Luz's arms and sobbed. She held Luz in a tight embrace, hoping she wouldn't leave. "J-Just promise me you'll come back, say it," Amity directed, her voice muffled. Luz hugged her back, tighter than ever before. "I promise, I'll be back for you Blight," Luz said, pulling away from the hug. She grabbed her bag and hung it on her shoulder, she wiped off some of the remaining tears from her cheeks. "Just don't forget about me," She said with a chuckle, her sad smile glowing on her face. She waved to everyone one final time, giving Amity a look reassurance, and a nod. With that, she disappeared into the yellow light of the portal; making Amity break down even more.

~~~

Amity felt tears form in her eyes as she recalled the memories, it was hurtful. She remembered sitting there in the dirt for the rest of the day, sobbing uncontrollably. Luz was her anchor, and without her, Amity didn't know what to do.

The Blight wiped her eyes and sniffled a sob. She stood up from the bleachers and walked down through the dance floor. People greeted her and smiled, she returned it back but continued walking; pushing pass all the people jumping around. The gym doors were in sight, she tried to hurry out of them, but she got caught. "Hey kiddo, where you going," She heard a familiar voice say. She turned to her left to see Eda, she had an eyebrow raised and her arms crossed. "Oh, hi Owl Lady," Amity said with a small wave. "Just call me Eda, anyways, where you heading off to," Eda said, standing in front of the girl. "I just-, I need to go somewhere," Amity said, looking down at the black flats she had on. She heard Eda let out a sigh and she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"I understand, I miss her too. This day must be hard on you, huh?" Eda asked. "You have no idea," Amity said with a sniffle. Eda released her grip on Amity and went back to crossing her arms. "Alright, I'll let you go, just don't tell Bump," Eda said, giving Amity a wink. Amity let out a chuckle, and she went to give Eda a hug. She felt her tense up, but the Owl Lady hugged her back. "Thanks, Eda," Amity said, pulling away. Eda gave her a smile, "Your welcome kid, now go before the fun police come around," Eda said, pointing towards the door. Amity gave her one last smile before walking out.