"You so fine, man." He said, causing her to smile.

"You're always good for compliments." She pecked his nose, getting up from his lap. Resuming her painting, a comfortable silence filled the room.

"Let me take you out tonight, I'm already you knowing you been in coped up the house for the longest."

Which was true. Bailey didn't go out anywhere unless it included school, food, or the store. Any thing other than that, she was a homebody. Plus, she didn't have any friends. She hadn't seen Keisha in god knows how long. She only knew was what she posted on Instagram.

"Mmmmm," She hummed, thinking about it. She thought it wouldn't hurt to get out the house, "I guess, where to?" She asked.

"It's a surprise, just dress nice or sum." He stood up, grabbing his bag off the floor, causing Bailey to make a face.

"Where you going?" She scrunched up her face.

"I got a meeting at 4:30, I'll be back to pick you up at 7. Tell Dylan I said wassup." He bent down and kissed her forehead.

"Okay." She slightly pouted, watching him leave out the door.

A couple of minutes later, another knock came from the door causing her to stretch and get up again.

"He must've forgot something." She spoke to herself. Walking to the open the door. Not checking the Ring Camera, she opened the door revealing someone she wasn't expecting.

Mathew stood in the doorway, facing a awkwardly looking Bailey.

"Hey," She said lowly, trying her hardest to avoid eye contact, "Dylan should be in his room." She said, steeping aside to let him in, before closing the door behind him.

Sizing her up, King huffed before heading down the hallway to his brother's room.

The last time King and Bailey spoke, she had left to go to Louisiana. Deep down, Bailey thought that is she took a break from Florida for a while, when she returned he and Bailey could have a chance. That was until she met Kofi in New Orleans.

Kofi was a Photographer intern for the Paper Magazine. He'd seen Bailey on the French Quarter and persisted that he took he picture. Coincidentally, they'd both resided in Florida, Kofi was just their on business.

Bailey came back to Florida, and got a university apartment with Dylan. Word shortly got around that Keisha was claiming she was pregnant by King, which turned out to be false.

Bailey finally realized that she only need to focus on herself, her relationship, and school.

King and Dylan came down the hallway, indulged in a conversation. Walking pass the living room, Dylan noticed Bailey on the floor.

"Don't be messing up my floors." He jokingly scolded, causing Bailey to look up and make a face.

"Shutup, where you going?" She asked, looking at his attire.

"A dude I'm cool with having a get together for homecoming week, you tryna roll?" He asked, making King suck his teeth.

Holding back her tongue, she laughed a little before shaking her head, "No, I'm good. Kofi's supposed to be taking me somewhere." She replied.

"Cool, I'll be back later. Don't be nasty." He called out, walking out with King behind him. Before King closed the door, he turned around and glanced at Bailey. Iffing at him, King shook his head before closing the door.
__

Clutching Kofi hands within hers, the two made it up the stares towards her apartment door.

"I enjoyed myself tonight." She smiled at him, letting go of his hand to put the key in the door knob. Opening the door, the apartment was oddly quiet, letting her know that Dylan had yet to make it back home.