Chapter 12

Before Luke gets time to answer my question he gets cut off with Jace beckoning him over for his turn to get his tattoo. Vanessa begrudgingly sits next to me as we wait.
My phone lights up and it's a message from Hero.
"Sorry about yesterday meet me outside Paisley's Cafe at 4pm so we can talk"
I was abit shocked to see that but I'm curious to see what he'll say so I accept the offer.
I reply back with "Okay, I'll see you then"
I look at the time and see it's already 3:45pm, so I decided to leave the tattoo shop without saying anything. Luke quickly says before I step out the door
"Where are you going?"
"I'm meeting Hero at 4pm." I say already feeling Vanessa's eyes on me.
"Of course you are, you are obsessed with the guy" she rolls her eyes at me.
This time I decided to say something.
"What is your problem with me, you've known me for about a month and you treat me like I've murdered your whole damn family, so what have I done to annoy you so much?!" I tell at her and
she looks a little taken back at what I've just said.
"You took Hero from me."
"What?" I say confused
"It started that night of the party and we were playing Truth or Dare and you kissed Hero."
"He kissed me first and why do you care." I reply
"I mean we are friends of benefits." Vanessa replies.
Luke joins by saying,
"You were, in the past tense and why would you care? Friends of benefits shouldnt have feelings for eachother."
There was silence for a couple of seconds before Vanessa gets up.
"Uhh.. I hate everyone and I'm going to be late for my hair appointment." She marches out of the tattoo shop slamming the door.
I leave after her realising I'm now late to meet Hero.

I rush to meet Hero at the cafe. When I get there he is sat waiting outside on his phone. He looks up kind of disappointed.
"You are 20 minutes late" Hero says confused and hurt.
"Sorry, I was with Luke and Vanessa.." before I could finish my sentence he interrupts me.
"You were with Luke again? You are unbelievable." He says standing up from his seat.
"I came here to work things out, but now I dont know if I should." He adds
"What? So I cant hang with other people anymore?" I say confused and shocked.
"Why were you with him anyway?"
"They were getting tattoos." I say in response.
"Can we talk please?" I ask sitting down hoping Hero would do the same.
"About what? Are you going to tell me what happened in the corridor?" Hero says whilst sitting down.
"Yes" I say.
I tell him what happened.

"Are you kidding me? Where the fuck is he, I'm going to kick his ass so hard he wont be able to sit for a month." Hero replied with his hand in his fist ready to hit anyone that walked past.
"Calm down Hero, it's fine, I've kind of sorted it out with him." I say trying to calm him down.
"Its not fine, he shouldnt of kissed you and I'm sorry for acting like a dick without knowing what actually happened." He says calmly. "I'm still going to kick his ass though." He adds with a serious look.
"Okay but are we cool now." I say
"Yeah we are cool, so picnic on Sunday in the park?" Hero says with a smile.
"Yeah definitely." I reply with a smile too.