"i'm homeless." i finished. cheryl's eyes widened. "i'm living at archie's with jughead. archie is the only one out of the group who knows."

"not even... veronica?"

i shook my head. "why would she know?"

the red-head dismissed my question. "so... you have nowhere to go?" she actually sounded concerned.

"archie and mr andrews were kind enough to let us stay with them; although our dad wants us back, but to be honest... i don't want to go back. not until he stops drinking, at least."

cheryl sighed and hugged me, taking me by complete and utter surprise. "i'm really sorry, gracie. i wish i could help."
i smiled.

"is that all you wanted to say?" she asked.

"i—um, yeah." i nodded, swallowing. "that's all."

"are you sure, you didn't want to speak to me about... anything else?" she scooted closer to me, biting her lip.
she leaned over to me, and i met her lips with a kiss. i fell back against her soft red comforter, but i flipped her over on her back so i was on top, her hands gripping my neck, pulling me closer. our tongues fought for dominance and i tracd my fingers down her nightgown-clothed body. cheryl groaned and i grinned in complacency. i felt intoxicated with her strong, rose-scented perfume; but how long had i been craving those lips...

suddenly, there was a series of footsteps echoing down the hallway, getting closer and closer. "get under the bed! now!" cheryl shoved me and i rolled underneath it.

"what in god's name is going on in here, you nightmare child? i heard the bed rocking."

"i had a nightmare, mumsy. all is well."

penelope looked around the room before huffing and shutting the door behind her,  retreating back to her own room.

i crawled out from under the bed.

"that was close— too close." cheryl sighed, with prominent relief. "now get out of my sight."

i rolled my eyes with a chuckle. "you are insatiable, cheryl blossom."

~♛~

"just in time. we're celebrating." veronica said, as i walked into the student lounge the next morning, with jug.

"archie was telling us how he's going to some super-exclusive music program." kevin smiled.

"maybe. if it happens though, it would be huge for me."

"do you have an audition for it?" i asked, perching on the arm of the couch.

"not exactly." archie said. "mrs blossom said she'd put in a good word for me."

"uh-huh... what's she getting out of it?" jug raised an eyebrow.

"i told her i'd take cheryl to their family tree-tapping thing. i talked to valerie. she's cool with it."

i felt a pang in my chest. "cool with you being a gigolo?"

"i'm doing someone a favour my my music." arch corrected, digging into his bag of tortilla chips. "i need to make connections outside of riverdale."