Jingyi, "..."

"Anyways," Sizhui coughed, "What are you doing here?"

Jingyi smirked, "I thought you'd ask." He stood up from the ground, patting some imaginary dust off his robes before straightening his hair, "I found Jin Ling and Senior Wei sneaking into a boat heading for Lotus Pier. I've heard that Lotus Pier's got the best wine there! I bet you they're going there to spice their taste buds up."

     Sizhui shuffled uncomfortably, "why would A-Ling leave me for wine?"

     Jingyi shrugged, "I have no idea, just a small thought I had."

     Sizhui tried to shake off his uneasiness, but it just wouldn't release its heavy grip off of himself. Finally, he said, "I'll go to Lotus Pier."

     Jingyi's eyes had widened, "you can't do that."

     Sizhui tilted his head, "why can't I?"

     Jingyi snickered, "you don't know how Senior Wei got you out from Cloud Recesses? He told the Old Man Lan that you'd go into seclusion in Lanling Jin instead of Cloud Recesses. So therefore, you're not allowed to leave."

     Sizhui blinked, "Senior Wei said that for me?"

     Jingyi sneered, "Well, Senior Wei has the brightest ideas out of us all."

     Sizhui felt even more uncomfortable. He was itching to find Jin Ling, but was not allowed. He wanted to screw the rules, but at the same time... he couldn't just ignore the heights that Wei Wuxian reached just for him to leave Cloud Recesses.

"I bet you're thinking 'screw the rules' or 'but I don't want to'." Jingyi gave Sizhui a light push. "But I'm telling you that if you don't hurry up, you may never get a chance ever again. And you'll regret it..."

Mustering up the courage, Sizhui smiled, "thanks, Jingyi."

It wasn't that difficult for Sizhui to sneak out of the Koi Tower. Even if some of the maidservants saw him jumping across walls, they had no reaction but to laugh at his silliness. Why jump over walls when you can fly on your sword? They thought.

"To Lotus Pier." Sizhui had said when he arrived on the boat. The driver only stared at him helplessly as he was given two stashes of silver ingots. "You're overpaying." The driver said.

"Keep the change." Sizhui pressed.

"My wife will be mad at me when she finds me ripping customers off." The driver frowned.

Sizhui, "..." what a great wife!

In the end, Sizhui had to reluctantly take some change back, stuffing them in the bosom of his robes. The scenery of Lotus Pier was as luxurious as before, not changing that much from the Sunshot Campaign. However, the ride over the waters had practically soothed Sizhui to sleep. The ripples between the boat and the surface of the water was calming, resounding through Sizhui's brain mindlessly.

When he arrived, Sizhui had almost fallen asleep.

Taking a step off the boat and onto the lands of Lotus Pier, Sizhui began asking around, "Have you seen Young Master Jin around here?"