17

You woke up to your alarm blaring in your ear and groaned. School. 

Sighing you got out of bed and shut off your alarm. At least you had finished up all of your make up work in the car ride home. Alex had put on some music and you had worked for the whole drive, finishing up when you were about thirty minutes from home. The work hadn't been fun, but it had kept you from thinking about that hug. 

God, you wished you could go back to yesterday. 

Grabbing your phone from your nightstand you scrolled through your notifications from the night before, scanning for anything important. Alex had texted you - you'd left a water bottle in her car. It didn't matter though, you could pick it up after school.

Turning to your closet to grab some clothes, you sighed. School.

At least you would get to see Kieran. He would want to know about all the wonderful things that you had been doing for the last few days. 

You would have to tell him about the hug.

You exchanged your pajamas for your school clothes, thinking about that hug again. Tommy's arms had felt so solid and warm around you, and you could have stayed nestled into his chest for hours. Maybe that was the crush talking though.

You fluffed your hair a bit and went to brush your teeth, taking your phone with you. Thinking about Tommy made you want to text him. Would it be weird if you texted him? You had just seen him yesterday... and you weren't streaming... maybe it was too soon. 

The thought of his number just sitting in your phone kept nagging you as you walked to to breakfast though. 

Your mum was making her daily cup of tea when you arrived in the kitchen downstairs, and she smiled as you as you walked over to the pantry, grabbing the bread to make yourself some toast. 

"Do you want me to get the jam?" She asked, moving over to the refrigerator.

"If you don't mind." You said, pouring some boiling water from the kettle for yourself. You sorted through the basket with all the tea bags, finding one of the lemon types you liked and dropping it into your mug.

Your mum placed the jam next to the toaster, leaving a knife to spread it with as well. "You look tired." She noted, looking at you from over the edge of her mug. "Did you get enough sleep last night?"

You nodded. "It's just from being in the car so long yesterday." 

"I'm glad you had a nice time." Your mum said. 

You nodded again, thinking about the long day ahead of you in comparison to the fun you had been having for the past few days. It would be dreadful getting through today and tomorrow, but at least the weekend was only two days away and you could start editing the vlog footage you'd gotten and get back to streaming. 

"You got all your schoolwork done?" Your mum asked. 

"Finished it all yesterday." You said.

She nodded to herself. "Good. If you keep your grades up, your father and I agreed that you could do more little trips like this, since your videos and things are doing so well for you."

You grinned. "It probably helps that I'm making enough to pay for my own car."

Your mother just waved off the comment, coming over to fix a few stray hairs before heading towards the stairs. "I'm going to go shower before I have to go to work. Have a good day at school, and don't forget to hand all your make up work in."

"Alright." You said, fetching your toast as it sprung free from the toaster. You spread some jam over the bread and dropped the knife in the sink, bringing the plate over to the table where you had set your phone. As you sat down, your face reflected in the black screen looked back up at you.

You really wanted to text him. 

You took a bite of your breakfast. It wouldn't hurt if you texted him... he was probably getting up for school like you anyway. Alex would probably tell you to text him...

You opened your phone, and started a new text thread. 

this getting up for school nonsense blows

You typed out the same message three different times before you hit send and stuffed another bite of toast in your mouth. Minutes passed by without a response, and you began to doubt yourself. You should have waited to text until later today, when you could be streaming or working on a video-

Your phone buzzed and you opened it quickly, reading the text that Tommy had sent back.

yes very not poggers

You breathed a sigh of relief. He'd responded, which meant it was okay. All you had to do now was carry on the conversation. And you were an expert when it came to talking to Tommy. You'd had months of practice.

i already miss yesterday

It took him less time to respond this time around.

ugh same

You had just finished your toast and were about to type back when you heard the front door swing open. Spinning around, you watched Kieran step into the house, his bookbag swinging off one shoulder. 

"Morning." He said. "How was the trip?"

You got up to put your plate in the sink and the jam back in the refrigerator. "Good." You said. "I got a lot of vlog content and I had a good time."

"Oh, I'm sure." Kieran said, waggling his eyebrows. "How's Tommy?"

You fought down the heat in your face and grabbed your phone. "He's fine, and so is everyone else."

"I didn't ask about everyone else." Kieran said. You ignored him and went to grab your phone and your school bag, making sure you had everything you would need. Swinging the bag over your shoulders, you toed into your shoes and were on your way out the door, Kieran behind you.

You thumbed over the edge of your phone, opening the text thread with Tommy to respond. 

stream together tonight maybe?

"Who are you texting?" Kieran asked. 

You closed your phone, but Kieran had already seen, a wide grin playing over his face. 

"Nobody." You said. 

"Is that his Tommy's new gamer tag?" Kieran asked. "Nobody? Odd choice, but that's neither here nor there."

You just sighed, and continued walking.