8

You were stuck on a maths problem. You had been stuck on the same problem for about ten minutes now. You kept telling yourself that as soon as you figured it out and finished your homework, you could get online and get back to the SMP. There were intimidation towers to be built and supplies to be gathered...

You pressed your face into the textbook on your bed with a sigh. You needed to get this done. But your brain just wasn't working. If only you could be tested on counting to 64...

You'd been on the SMP a lot lately, working with Tommy and Tubbo of making Pogtopia and gathering supplies. Wilbur had been delighted when the news had got to him, and you had been absorbed into the ranks right away. It was exciting, being in the middle of it all. 

You groaned into the textbook. You needed to get this done-

Your computer dinged. 

You looked up, sliding off the bed to see the notification. Discord. 

Your fingers hovered over the keyboard. You knew you shouldn't open it. You needed to do your homework, and it was really only the one problem left-

You opened up Discord and read the message. It was from Tommy.

need help. playing fnaf on stream. am scared. 

You chuckled to yourself, opening Twitch and joining Tommy's stream. It looked like he was playing Sister Location... and he was really bad at it. He was simultaneously leaning as far away from his computer as possible while also trying to get closer to see into the dark screen. You muted the stream and went back to Discord, calling him.

On screen, you watched him open the call.

"Hello?"

"You said you needed help." You said.

"Thank jesus!" Tommy said. "I'm dying here Y/N - please help me. Use all of your FNAF knowledge."

You laughed. "What night are you on?"

"The first one." Tommy said. "I made it through to the last room - with Baby, which is a weird name, don't you think? - but then it killed me even though I closed the goddamn door-!"

"Tommy." You said. "What are you doing right now?"

"Crawling through a vent." Tommy said.

"I can see that. Are you going back to Circus Control, or are you going to the center control room?" You asked. 

"I don't know!" Tommy said. "Whatever one has those little creepy babies and you hide under the table."

"Circus control." You said. "You said Bidybab killed you?"

"Is that what it's called?" Tommy asked. "What a dumb name."

"That is what killed you though?" You asked. 

"Yeah."

"You probably didn't actually close the panel all the way." You said. 

"I closed it!" Tommy insisted. "The thing pulled it open and I couldn't figure out how to stop it-!"

He was interrupted when the Handunit began speaking again, giving instructions. On your screen, Tommy jolted a little.

You laughed. "You got scared of the Handunit!"

"I did not!" Tommy said. "I did not!"

"You did!" You giggled. "I saw you jump, you can't try and say that you didn't!"

Tommy was about to tell you off again, but then the power in the game went off and his screen was plunged into darkness. 

"Alright, here's what you're going to do." You said, leaning forward to see his stream better. "Go under the table."

"Okay." Tommy crawled under the table.

"Drag the door closed, but don't stop even when it looks like it's closed. You can go a little farther to the right than it looks like you can. That's probably what got you last time." You instructed. You were confident in your skills - you had played this game many a time.

Tommy followed your instructions to a tee. "Now what?"

"Now we wait." You said. "Bidybab will come up and look through the holes - don't look him in the eye. If he tries to pry the door open, you have to grab the edge and hold. If you do it right, he'll go away and then you can leave."

Tommy took a steadying breath. "Alright. I just have to hold on to that door."

You nodded, even though he couldn't see you.

Soon enough, you heard the telltale scratching and clanking that signaled Bidybab was in the room. Tommy tensed visibly, his hand gripping the mouse with a death grip. 

"Just don't look at him and grab the edge of the door." You said. "Be ready to pull."

Tommy did as you said, holding his mouse on the edge of the panel. 

"Alright." He said to himself. "I'm not gonna die this time."

"You're not gonna die this time." You affirmed. 

Bibybab began to pull on the door, dragging it to the left. Tommy held on to the edge, firmly refusing to look at Bibybab as he tugged the door back into place. The struggle lasted about a minute before the A.I. gave up the struggle and Bibybab walked away.

Tommy was quiet for a moment as he let go of the edge of the door. 

"Yeah!" He crowed. "Take that you little piss child!"

You laughed, watching him celebrate on screen.

"Y/N!" Tommy said. "You're an absolute legend, and FNAF god! Can we get some pogchamps in the chat for Y/N?"

You ended up staying on the Discord call with Tommy well into the night. His stream lasted about two hours, and ended around eleven. You'd coached him through three nights before he finally decided to call it quits, the mini-reenas proving too much for him, even under your careful instruction. 

Even though you told him exactly what to do and how to do it, he still ended up getting jumpscared frequently enough. It seemed like every time the lighting would change or something on screen would move, Tommy would jolt in his seat, his hands going to clutch the arm rests of his gaming chair. It was kind of cute-

No.

You closed your eyes. You were just tired. That's what it was. You cleared the unfinished homework off your desk and laid down, switching off the lights and rolling over in bed to get comfortable. 

Tommy was a friend of yours. It was fine if you thought him getting scared was funny. It was funny, not cute. You didn't think Tommy was cute. You barely knew him, really. It had only been about a month since you joined the SMP and started talking to him. 

He was awfully cute though.

You pressed your face into your pillow and groaned.