32 - Piercing Bullet

Start from the beginning

"Happy morning" a cheerful voice made me smile, "thinking of the devil" I smiled and turned to my back, when I faced him he poured a lot of flowers on me making me giggle loud in happiness and the soft touch of the flowers on my skin.

"What made the princess of Verma family roam on the streets?" he is in the same dress I saw his last day additionally he looks tired and sad.

I gave him a pointed look, "just to swallow the nature and your family princess is Manya, not me" I adjusted his messy hair who smiled at me like a child.

"When you married my brother you became our princess" I maintained the smiling face, "you mean fake marriage?"

He looked through my eyes for a half-second with determination, "I will make him realize his feelings for you Diya. This is my promise"

I laughed at his serious face, "always talking like an idiot" I caught his hand and started to walk further into the woods, "we can make others realize their feelings if they had one but when your brother is in love with another girl how you take out his feelings for me Advik?"

"What?" his eyes widened in pure shock, "yes, he is in love with Meera Gurjar and he told me" I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat to stop me from form one of crying again.

"He agreed himself?" again shocked, I nodded looking at my hands sitting on the log from the woods.

After a minute of silence, he took his mobile and dialed Arjun putting it on speaker for me.

"What?" I can sense the happiness in his voice, "Bhai what are you doing?"

'stop it for a second' he requested in a soft tone from the other side, "come directly to the point" now his words are in the form of a business tone.

'Arj see here' it's a girl's voice, my heart clenched in pain adding salt in the burnt place Advik's eyes fell, "Do you love Meera?" instantly I looked away from the mobile wiping my tears which started to flow in the pain.

Silence filled both sides, and he knows I am with Advik now and I shared his love story with his brother, "do you doubt it?" his sharp yet clean words pierced my heart as a painful sob escaped me. Advik cut the call immediately and kneeled on the ground before me.

"Please Diya doesn't cry, he is lying to you" I shook my head crying badly, "have you noticed the happiness in his voice, I haven't seen it from him in the past 6 weeks. I can't let him use me again and again. I have already decided to let him go from my life"

Pain washed over his face and then came as a determination look, "still I can't hide things from you, Diya" he said shaking his head wiping a lone tear from his eyes.

"I have been noticing him more than a month, he is not himself. Something is bothering him. Last week I went through his files and find out he is ..."

A sharp pain pierced through shoulder making me jerk due to sudden force, "Diyaa..." Advik cried out in panic catching me from falling.

Seconds passed the pain inside me started to rise, my breathing became uneven, somewhere inside me I felt air is being sucked out slowly.

Advik's voice failed to reach me, "Diya you are bleeding" his voice is shaken badly as he lifts me off the ground and started running towards the road.

With each step, he took my vision started to blur my whole body felt numb except for the flow of a hot liquid on my body which is guessed as blood.

A screeching sound made him halt in his steps as he placed me on the seat of the car, my mouth rejected to express my pain but my eyes have been shedding continuously, when Advik moved away from me, I stopped him by holding his shirt sleeve begging to not leave me.