Part 4: Hello

"Hello"

Chuuya was pleased to see that Dazai was calming down.
"Hello to you too." He whispered.
Dazai was calming down from his panic attack but was starting to get anxious about what the new kid will do with this information. Will he hold it against him? Is he going to tell the whole school how weak he is? Did he see his wounds?
As he was thinking this Chuuya start to pull away and Dazai started to feel a sense of panic again.
"Oh no. He's disgusted with me." He thought to himself "why did we have to meet like this?"
Chuuya came back the stall with a wet paper towel and a handful of dry ones.
"Here let me help you." He said in a gentle voice. He used one of the dry paper towels and wipes he's tears off his face. Dazai was shocked. No one has ever cared or ever even notice what he struggled with daily. This was the first interaction he's had with the new kid and he's being so kind. After Chuuya got all of his tears he took the wet paper towel and asked: "may I?" As he gestured to Dazai's shirt. The only response he could muster was a nod yes. Chuuya removed Dazai's jacket and saw that his shirt was already blood stained. A look of sorrow washed over his face, as he opened up his shirt to reveal open cuts. "Oh god" he whispered. He figured that it would be bad but he looked a Dazai's torso and not only saw the open cuts but his entire body covered in scars. He continued to clean the wounds in silence with the exception of the few winces of pain that came from Dazai. Chuuya places some of the dry paper towels on the cuts. "It's bleeding pretty badly. My place is just a little ways down the road if you dont mind coming with me. Just hold the paper towels for now." He said as he started to button up Dazai's shirt and helped him put his jacket on.

When they exited the restroom almost no one was in the cafe. They must have been in there for a while. Dazai reached for his phone to see what time it was and saw several text messages from Akutagawa

Text: hey are you ok?

I'm almost done with my homework.

I just finished.

I'll see you tomorrow then.

Dazai sighed and thought: "Well I hope he doesn't hate me for this."

Authors note: hi thank you all for reading this school has been a little crazy but I'll try to keep updating this more regularly. Luv ya! Have a great day!!!