Chapter 9: Alligator Eyeballs

Start from the beginning

~𝒜𝓈 𝒶 𝒷𝒶𝓈𝑒, 𝒶𝒹𝒹 𝒾𝓃 𝒶𝒷𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝟣 𝑜𝑔𝓇𝑒𝓈 𝓂𝑜𝓊𝓉𝒽𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓁𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝓉

~𝒮𝓉𝒾𝓇 𝓊𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓁 𝒻𝓊𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝒷𝒾𝓃𝑒𝒹, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓋𝒾𝑜𝓁𝒶! 𝒜 𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒻𝑒𝒸𝓉 𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓃𝓈𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓂𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝓇𝑒𝒸𝒾𝓅𝑒!

I closed the notebook, taking a deep breath in and releasing. This shouldn't be too hard I thought to myself. Then again, I shouldn't get my hopes up.

I looked around for some sort of cauldron to mix the potion in, but found nothing. After walking round the area, I stumbled across a fallen tree and saw an axe sticking out of it. Perhaps I can carve a cauldron. 

I walked over to the tree trunk and slowly traced my hand over the axe. I grabbed it tightly and began to pull, the axe would not budge. "Come on you stupid piece of wood and metal!" I cried out frustrated. I pulled the axe, feeling it slowly release it's attachment to the tree trunk. The axe was slipping out, and I was pulling as hard as I could. "COME ON!!" I yelled. 

Suddenly, the axe slipped out of the tree and flew out of my hands. I let out a sound between a grunt and a straggled cry. The axe landed in a pile of dry leaves, and I let out a sigh of relief. I walked over to the axe, the leaves releasing satisfying crunch sounds. I grabbed the ax and swung it over my shoulder, walking back to the tree. 

I lifted the ax high above my head and heard the gratifying sound of the axe splintering the wood. I managed to cut a small piece of wood off, when the realization slowly dawned on me. 

How am I supposed to carve something with an axe.

I groaned loudly in frustration. You know what? Forget about this. I sat down on the fallen down tree and buried my head in-between my knees. I remained in that position, when I felt a wave of determination wash away my negative thoughts.

Who needs an axe when you got... magic

I looked at my hands shakily, then closed my fists tightly. I can do this. I shut my eyes, and raised my hands towards the piece of wood. I thought of each splinter of wood, each small fiber in it, and began to shape it, curving some pieces, and leaving others untouched. When I opened my eyes, what laid before me was a basic, wood cauldron. Polished and everything.

I let out a happy yet relieved sigh. I reached for my pocket and took out my fathers journal. First thing I need is an animal feature. I shut the notebook, hearing a satisfying 'snap.' I looked around on the ground, looking for a sign of any animal feathers or slime. 

Bingo

I walked over to a large tree and saw a Ravens feather beneath it. I picked it up by the end, not wanting to ruin it. Seeing as ruining things is all I ever do

I quickly tried to shake the thought from my head but it still lingered.

I added the feather into my wood cauldron and opened the notebook again for the second step.

Right

A transference spell. This should be easy. I raised to fingers up to my temples and began to close in on my thoughts, focusing on everything surrounding me, and just gathering my every thought into one. When I finally had all of my thoughts gathered together, I quickly took my hand and swiped it in the air, sort of like a 'slash' sort of movement. I aimed toward the cauldron and soon, my thoughts were added. I did a silent cheer to myself.

Now I need about two goblin handfuls of Sunflower Dust. Luckily for me, this isn't too hard to obtain. I grabbed a small leather pouch from my side pocket and began to walk to an open meadow. As soon as I stepped foot into the grassy haven, memories came flooding back, from the times when I felt alone, or when I felt the fullest. Dancing with the fireflies surrounding me, their light fluorescent glow bouncing off of my dark skin, talking to the stars, pretending each one was a soul trying to find it's path on the road of life, but mostly just listening. Waiting for a sign everything was going to be okay.