14| I Also Look Like I Just Rose Up From The Dead.

Start from the beginning

I was fully aware of the fact that it was wrong of me to think like that. Just because my parents were like this didn't mean I'd have the same fate, I knew that. In all honesty, I was only scared I'd end up like them.

Why couldn't things just go my way for once? Why do I have to go through all of this? Why can't someone else go through this with me? It's not fair.

As the saying goes, life isn't fair to anyone. Not even if you cry your freaking eyes out begging for your parents to love each other, again.

It just didn't work like that.

I also got a few texts from Taylor, saying she understood if I didn't want to feel pitied—let me take a moment to mention that I appreciate that—but would help me in any way possible.

I got none from Tom, which only meant he was coming here, to my room. Either that, or he didn't care.

If he was coming to my room, then I was afraid. As I was, I had zero control of my actions. If I said anything to hurt him on purpose, it would ruin our friendship and I didn't want that. I was probably going to take out all my anger on him.

As if on cue, a faint knocking sound was heard. I sighed, hopping out of bed and heading for the door. I decided I would keep my mouth shut most of the time, but knowing myself, that was going to be impossible, but worth trying.

I opened the door with a blank expression, staring back at the also sleep deprived Thomas that stood in front of me. We both looked like garbage, but none of us cared. His facial expression was also blank.

The question was, did he look like this because of me, or was it because of something else?

"Hey." He said, moving past me, and stepping into my room. He didn't give me a chance to respond. "How are you?"

"I'm just fine, thank you." I responded. I moved to sit on my bed, not bothering to ask why he looked that way. With the way he looked at me, it was obvious he expected the question, but I wasn't going to ask. I could see just fine; he didn't want to talk about it.

As if it wasn't already awkward, the silence between us stretched to an uncomfortable amount. I didn't even try to speak, even though I wanted to end the silence, I would wait for him to do it. Because I wasn't in the mood to start conversations, and I've never really been that type of person in general.

And so, he did break the silence.

"Ava, after yesterday," he started. I sighed, knowing he just wanted to get straight to the point. "Do you think you'll be able to face your parents? I mean, you're going to have to eventually, I just want to know how you think you'll handle it. I've been thinking about this for a while."

"Is that why you look like someone who just rose up from the dead?" Thomas's hair was sticking out in different directions, yet he still managed to give out that boyish type of vibe.

Thomas looked down, scanning himself. He didn't notice how he looked. His face scrunched up in utter confusion until he finally registered what I meant.

"Oh, I thought you were criticising my morning look today." He joked.

"I'd be a hypocrite if I did that, I also look like I just rose up from the dead."

"Well, to answer your question, no. This is not the reason as to why I look like this. I was worried about something else." He admitted. I could've sworn him curse under his breath. "But it's no biggie." He quickly added, shrugging.

"Well, what is it, then?" I was stalling.

"Stop trying to get me to lose focus, Ava." Thomas said, cringing. "I can't believe I actually fell for that."