05| I'll Break Their Elbows.

I feel like I'm lowkey addicted to among us ngl

* * *

Day 3(2): I'll Break Their Elbows.

THE MAN LOOKED EVEN MORE PISSED OFF THAN BEFORE. And we had only been here for five minutes. None of us moved, we didn't even breathe. The man tapped his foot impatiently on the ground.

In the movies, this was where the angel would fly in and take the man away. I desperately needed that right now, but no one came. This was real.

The man was getting impatient now. I could tell by the way his nose ticked. The way his eyebrows furrowed together. And that scowl that was present, didn't look like it was going to be leaving anytime soon.

"Well?" The man persisted, taking one glance at his watch and grunting. He was late for something, I noted. And he looked the punctual type. Not the tardy type.

"Well-uh-I-" Thomas looked like a deer in the headlights. He couldn't even form a coherent sentence. His eyes were widened to the size of a soccer ball. I really wished I could take my phone out and record it.

An idea suddenly popped in my head.

"Well, sir," I started. The man looked like the type that liked to be praised. Hopefully my judgements about him would see me through this. Either that, or it would just make him a lot more pissed. "What would you like to know?" That was pretty dumb coming from me, and it seemed to tick him off even more.

I noticed his appearance. He looked entirely professional. I wouldn't be surprised if there was no single speck of dust on him. With the kind of authority that radiated off him, I would say he was the owner of this ship.

His eyes darted to the ceiling in exasperation. "I would like to know who hired you to be waiters on this ship." He ordered, his voice rising. Thomas flinched, but I stayed put.

"Oh, Mr. Lewis did! He is the owner of the ship, and might I say he is a wonderful man. He changed my brother and I's lives for the better. He really made us better people." I gushed out.

Trust me when I say, I had done my research about everything last night. Mr. Lewis apparently didn't interview the people he chose. And he never payed a close mind to that, either. It was his son, Marcus, that interviewed the employees, not him.

Thomas wanted to interject, but I stepped on him, hard. He gulped and immediately shut up.

Mr. Lewis seemed to straighten up after I'd made that comment. "I-sorry, he did?" He asked, quickly catching up on his mistake.

I continued on with my rant. "Oh, he did, indeed. You see, my brother and I are orphans. Our parents died long ago in an. . . Elephant stampede. We are poor, poor people with no source of living. Since Mr. Lewis gave us this job, we finally have enough money to, uh. . . Start afresh in life." I told him with a long, sorrowful sigh.

Thomas who seemed to be less frightened now, bowed his head down, too. "It was a tragedy. Oh, the pain! We had to watch our parents get crushed to death by rampaging elephants! They didn't stop. They just kept coming and coming, and we watched our parents bones get crushed to death!" Thomas exclaimed.

I started to panic. He was over exaggerating, and this would probably blow us off. I nudged him, but he didn't get the hint.

"We are traumatised old souls! We have nightmares! Elephants here, and elephants there! They don't leave us. Oh, the horror!" Thomas said, bringing a hand to his heart.