F.Z.Z.T.

The Bus, Location: Classified

"It's an ounce too heavy," Ward said, setting the gun down. "An ounce? Seriously?" Skye scoffed. "An ounce can be the difference between life and death," I said. "When you're on a rooftop with a 15-mile wind, your target is 500 yards away--" Ward started. "Yeah, but we do have a rifle," Fitz pointed out.

"Lose the ounce," Ward ordered. "Yeah, okay. On it. 'Lose the ounce.' I'm Agent Grant Ward, and I can shoot the legs off a flea from 500 yards, as long as it's not windy," Fitz said, and we chuckled. "Hey. That's a sound I haven't heard in a bit," Fitz observed. "Yeah, well, you wouldn't be laughing a whole lot if you were living in Ward's doghouse," Skye said. "You made the rounds, apologized to us all. What more can he ask?" Fitz speculated.

"I don't know. I have been busting my ass, memorizing every S.H.I.E.L.D. protocol manual, following every order. 'Yes, sir. No, sir.' I even let them tag me like a stray dog. I mean, I know I lied to you guys, but I was trying to protect my boyfriend," Skye said. "You know, we all make mistakes. And who ca--I don't care -- who cares about your ex-boyfriend?" Fitz stuttered. "It's not like I'm comparing Ward to Miles--" I got up, tuning out the conversation and leaving the lab. "Bailey, great. We're on a mission, grab your gear," Ward said, coming around the corner. "Already got it," I shrugged, and he gave me a look.

I reached to my waistband, revealing a pistol.

-

Scout Campground, Location: Wirlgy, Pennsylvania

"Troop leader's name was Adam Cross. Apparently, he said he heard something in the woods, went to check it out. That's where the electrostatic anomaly occurred," Coulson explained as we approached the campsite. I headed towards the woods to scan for anything unusual, stopping in my tracks when I saw a man hovering in the air. "Guys, I think I found something!" I called, and the rest of the team came over. "So sad a man died this way...and yet, so amazing," Simmons said. "Fitz-Simmons, any idea what could cause an effect like this?" Coulson asked.

"There's the soliton hypothesis. Well, okay, judging by the horizontal...perhaps nanobatteries--electric discharge, it could be--" The two started talking at the same time, their words becoming an unintelligible mush of science. "Time. Let's try that again. Any idea what could cause an effect like this?" Coulson asked. "The hell if I know. Uh, no, no clue," Fitz-Simmons said. "Seems to me that we're either dealing with some freak natural event or a new high-tech weapon," Ward said. "Or, could it be someone from your uber-secret index?" Skye asked.

"There's no one on the index with this type of power," May said. "That we know of. I'll contact Agent Blake at S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ, have him check it out. Whoever or whatever's responsible, we can't let this happen again," Coulson said. "Fitz, see his forehead? Look at that endothelial discoloration. Yeah, same dispersal pattern as the strike on the truck. Could be an entry wound cauterized immediately," Simmons leaned over, and the man sparked, dropping to the ground. "Freaky. Freaky," Fitz-Simmons said. "We need to take him back for analysis," Simmons said, and I sighed.

"Gloves, anyone?" I asked, and Fitz passed me a pair of rubber gloves. I picked up the body, slinging it over my shoulder and we headed back to the Bus.

-

The Bus, Location: Scout Campground

"Have a cookie," May slid the plate over to the captive. The kid stared nervously at us, tentatively accepting the cookie. I stared at him, watching for any signs of lying as May asked him questions. We deemed him clear, letting him have another cookie for his cooperation. "Kid's clean. You figure out why the body was floating?" May asked as we entered the lab.