Yes Men

I sighed, sitting up and pulling the blankets off my legs. There was a knock on the window, and I sighed. "No! What did I say?" Simmons scolded. "Damn it. Every time. Do you have a sensor for every time my ass leaves the bed?" I asked, looking at her as she came in. "Back in it," she ordered.

 "I just wanna stretch my legs," I complained. "Now," she ordered. "Look! My face has color. I can breathe without feeling like my body's on fire. I'm fine," I said, and she laughed. ''Fine' is not the appropriate word to describe your state. You've been shot twice, had your stomach perforated, and a breathing tube shoved down your throat. 'Better' is the more accurate word," she said, starting to draw blood. "Simmons, I was left bleeding out in the snow with a bullet in my eye for fourteen hours. I think I can survive two shots to the stomach and a perforated stomach," I griped.

"Not sure I like Dr. Simmons. She's so strict. Ow. And pokey," I said, wincing as she pulled the needle out. "Well, patient Asya is unruly and stubborn," she scolded, and I paused. "And grateful. I hope you know that. You saved my life. Not a lot of people would," I admitted. "I didn't do it alone," she pointed out. "Still, I'm...I'm really grateful," I said.

"Hey. This a bad time?" There was a knock at the door and I looked over to see Ward, who had a smile on his face. "It is if you're here to bust me out," I said, sitting up and giving a pointed look to Simmons. "The Warden has extended house arrest," I said, mimicking Simmons' accent. "Terrible accent," she scoffed, leaving. "I must be really knocked up. Simmons won't even bring me a board game," I griped. "I've seen worse," Ward shrugged.

"Wow. Thanks," I said, not sure if it was a compliment or an insult. "Well, I mean, you look better than when you were dying," he said. "Swinging and a-missing, Ward," I smirked, shaking my head. "It's great to see you...better," he admitted. "I'll look even better when The Warden lets me leave my bed," I grinned.

"I'll tell someone to drop by with a board game, alright?" He said, and I nodded.

-

"So you're saying Ward's possessed?" I asked, giving Coulson an annoyed looked. "No, according to Lady Sif, she uses her powers to control men, but they don't forget who they are or what they know. She just becomes the embodiment of all their desires," Coulson explained. "Sounds like possession, but whatever. When we find them, we can break her spell with that collar thing, right?" I asked, nodding to the item in Coulson's hand. "Yes, once the collar's back on Loreli's neck, the enchantment ends, but that's the problem. The collar caught a shotgun blast back in the desert. Think you can fix it?" He asked, handing it to Fitz. "Well...the metal, the weight--it's similar to the berserker staff. But it presents its own set of countless unknown variables," Fitz-Simmons said.

"What can I do? And don't you dare say nothing or tell me to sit here and count ceiling tiles while one of our men is missing," I snarled. "I'm sorry, Asya, but your skills are more field-based than support-based. I know you're disappointed, but I can't send you into the field while you're hurt," Coulson said, then left, making me alone. "I hate this!" I shouted, flopping back down. I wanted to destroy the entire room, but I didn't. That would only keep me in here longer.

-

I bolted up as the plane left the ground, a pounding ringing through the jet. I moved to the side, hoping to summon Simmons, but it didn't work for once. "Что, черт возьми, происходит?" I muttered. Coulson appeared in the window, pulling something before coming in. "Are you...you?" I asked suspiciously. "Of course I am! Fitz has Sif locked in the cage. We need to unlock the door, get her out. What?" He asked, looking at my face.

 "They opened the airlock. Sif's been sucked out of the aircraft," I admitted. "Are you kidding? She's Asgardian. Sif's still out there. Unlock it, let her in," he said, passing me a tablet. I grinned, thrilled at the prospect of helping, my fingers flying across the keyboard as I worked to let Sif back in. I got it open, making sure she was inside before closing it again.

-

"Hey, Asya," Coulson said, coming inside. "What's going on? And don't lie, I know that face," I said. "I've been looking for a way to tell you this, looking around for some answers, something to help...explain...but I don't have any. So...the drug, the one that saved us both--when we found it, I discovered something else. Its source. It was...alien," he admitted. "Please tell me it's alien as in unfamiliar," I said. "No. The minute I learned what it was, I tried to keep them from injecting you with it, but I was too late. I'm so sorry, Asya, he said. "You were trying to save my life. You saved my life," I insisted.

"I was desperate to, and so I subjected you to unknown ramifications or side effects," he said. "I don't mean to be blunt, but...so what? We are alive. And you've had that stuff in you for...a while, and you're okay, right?" I said. "I know nothing fazes you, but this should faze you. We are completely in the dark on this," he insisted. "Coulson--I. Don't. Care. I grew up in the dark," I said. "We need answers," he said. "Is the team up for it?" I asked.

"They don't know anything about this. This will stay between you and me. To hell with any codes or protocols. Men died to keep this under wraps, and I'm gonna find out why. Until then, no one else knows. And we're going to start with the person responsible for this. And we make him pay,"