*Chapter 3*

1379 WORDS

"...who are you?"

"Bisa, Babe, maybe you guys should end the eating competition...?" Cherish waved her hands while staring at the twins with a worried gaze. Bisa and Ahmod were currently having an eating competition in KFC of who could swallow the most ketchup packets.

In compensation of the contest, 60 ketchup packets were ordered. 30 for each.

As Ahmod tore open his 23rd packet and Bisa chocked on her 19th one, Aiden couldn't help but think back to his encounter at the end of school. He hadn't told his friends about it yet because he thought it wasn't really important.

"What are you hiding?" Aiden tensed up and turned to his side; Antonio. "C'mon, spill it."

Aiden sighed before shaking his head in amusement. "You always know everything huh?" By now, the remaining three friends turned their attention from the ketchup contest to hear what Aiden had to say.

"Well, I guess it isn't really anything serious," Aiden shrugged. "It happened after school,"

"...who are you?"

The girl blankly blinked her blue eyes before gasping in shock.

"You really don't remember? I-I'm, uh, a few years ago, I gave you an umbrella at a bus stop. I said I hope we meet again and we really did! R-remember that?" The girl smiled but it seemed shaky.

"I'm sorry but I don't remember much." Aiden tried his hardest to go through his brain to remember the girl in front of him because he was apparently so important to her.

Why though? If they really have met, it was just an umbrella exchange, for he was told. Why did he mean so much to her?

"...Your name is Aiden, right?" The girl asked hesitantly, embarrassed she might've gotten the wrong person.

"Yeah, I'm Aiden. But who are you?"

The girl took off without another word.

"Weird." Was Bisa's only comment.

"It seems this girl has met you before, Aiden. Are you sure you don't remember her?" Cherish looked worried. Knowing Cherish, she was probably worried sick about the girl she didn't even know.

Aiden shook his head. "Never seen her in my life from what I remember."

"Really? You sure you didn't hit your head or something in the past?"

"Hit my..head..." Aiden pondered over it for a moment. "Maybe, don't remember."

Everyone at the table facepalmed except Aiden.

Sorry for the short notice. Priya's vitals were going frantic and I had to take her to a real doctor. I'm disappointed that, even with my medical degrees, I don't know what's wrong with her. I've been thinking of just permanently keeping her in a hospital to let real doctors work on her. I know you and her have this 'ritual' that happens every day, but it has to cease for now, I'm sorry.

Love,
Your Mother.

Aiden re-read the note on the dining table.

I know you and her have this 'ritual' that happens every day.

Holy Shit.