Part 1 - Chapter 1 - War?

--- Merlin ---

"King Otho, what a grand surprise and a great pleasure. Thank you, for wanting to be here." Arthur greeted. I could see he was terrified. Not that he would ever admit that.

"Prince, Otho." He corrected. "My brother is still alive, and I will not take his place before anything else is confirmed."

Arthur nodded. "And will you sign this peace treaty, even without his permission?" He eyed the blue capes.

"I know the terms he would have set." Otho said slowly, slightly challenging. "And we got a letter telling us he was seen here in Camelot."

"What would be his name, my men can be of great assistance." Arthur gestured to the red capes with pride.

Otho smiled, "I thank you, King Arthur. His name is Emrys. Emrys Balinorson."

The silence that swept over the dining hall was deafening.

"Emrys is a criminal here." Arthur tried to sound as pleasant as he could. "I am afraid that if we do find him, we have to execute him."

Otho stood up, the whole hall was now staring instead of pretending they didn't hear. "I know of your believes in Magic, Southerners. Storno is a kingdom that thrives, and we thrive with magic. Our royal family is the most powerful, and we are looking for our Crown Prince. If he is hurt by the time we find him, you will be at war."

Arthur stood up as well, "You will risk the safety of your kingdom with a war against all of us?"

Otho smiled and shook his head. "We are the most powerful of all of you. We have the most war power, the best warriors, the best swordsmen, and the richest land. By the time one of my knights are dead, your entire kingdom will be in flames."

Arthur stood his ground, trying to stand tall. "Then we will fight till we burn."

"Please," Morgana stood up, "We have yet to find Emrys, and yet to be at war. These terms can be negotiated if that time comes. Until then, we are here for peace."

Arthur stared at Otho, who stared right back.

"Right?" Morgana challenged.

Otho smiled first. "Of course. We have lived in peace for so long, why break if before it's time."

"Are you saying that you want a war?" Arthur threatened.

"I am saying, that if you start a war, we will fight." Otho sat down. "Until then, I am merely a guest, and a companion."

Arthur stood for a while longer, before he sat down.

"Merlin," He called for me. I filled up his glass with wine. "Don't talk to them." He whispered.

I just nodded and left the room.

The kitchen was busy with the main dish, all the servants wearing masks and proper outfits. This is an exhausting day.

--- Arthur ---

Once dinner was over, I stood up again.

"Knights of Cenred, my manservant will show you to your rooms. Knights of Mercia, Genevieve will show you to your rooms. Knights of Caeleron, Sebastian will show you to your rooms. Knights of Gawant, Lillian will show you to your rooms. And nights of Storno, Timothy will show you to your rooms."

Everyone nodded.

"I hope to see you all tomorrow, when the negotiations start. Until then, the training grounds are open for all. The castle is open, we have a court physician for your use, and the servants are here for you. Please do enjoy your stay."

Almost everyone was out,

"Merlin," I called out before he could leave. The Storno knights turned around. Merlin walked up to me, "Please come to my chambers afterwards. I need your help later."

Merlin just nodded, and left with his group of knights.

"King Arthur, may I ask where your manservant is from?" A blue knight asked.

"The village Ealdor, why?"

They just nodded. "Are you sure?"

I was starting to get angry, "Are you questioning my trust in my manservant? Or is it my servant's loyalty to me?"

"Neither. He just had a peculiar, yet familiar name." The knight presented himself properly before me. "Please, King Arthur. We do not wish you any harm, nor any way. We understand that our first impression might have come across as if we are berserkers. We are not. But we are proud of who we are and what we stand for. And we will protect ourselves if it comes down to it."

I nodded. "And I appreciate your loyalty to your kingdom."

***---***

Merlin entered my chambers.

"Merlin..." I started. No, I trust him, don't I? He told me he was from Ealdor. I've even met his mother!

"Yes, Arthur?" He nudged the subject.

I sighed. I could ask, there is not harm in that. "Do you know the knights of Storno? Have you met any of them before?"

"Not that I know of." He looked to the ground. "There is something familiar with them, and the seal... but I can't put my finger on it..."

This piqued my interest. "Like what?"

"Like..." He leaned on the broom, "Like I've seen it before. But not in any book... it's like I know it, and it's familiar, but I just... can't remember why, or how..."

I nodded, "Could it be..." I shook my head, probably not.

"What?"

"Could it be that... you've lost some memories? Like the time you were under as spell and forgot who you were. Could it be that... I know that the kingdom was poisoned, could it be that you lost your memories but escaped?"

Merlin looked at me, his eyebrows furrowed, "Arthur, are you asking if I'm from Storno? You know I'm born in Ealdor."

"I know... it's just something the knights said... Have you talked to them?"

Merlin left the broom by the end of the table and sat down beside me. "No? You told me not to."

"Since when did you listen?"

"Since this is a magical kingdom and any form of interaction with them can get me hanged for treason...?" Merlin stated unsure yet matter-of-factly.

"Fair reason..." I nodded slowly.

"I wonder what their terms for peace will be..." Merlin wondered. I just nodded along.