𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

People of Gresit yelled as they frantically ran around the city with torches and pitchforks in their hands. They were researching for the man that tried to protect the Speakers, or as the Church called them black magicians. Not only did the monster hunter attempt protecting the 'evil', but he also vandalized one of the churches in the city, knocking off the cross as he escaped. Belmont was promptly a wanted man among the community.

Meanwhile, the insane bishop smiled wickedly at the thought of both Speakers and the Belmont wiped from this very planet. He was confident the family committed crimes against his Lord and Saviour, but he allowed their son to go. In the present circumstances, it was a thing he regretted. His delight was interrupted by the grand doors opening. The man looked up after failing to see who had come in.

"Who's that?" he asked, alarmed. "Are the Speakers dead?"

"No," the voice rumbled. It was deep, utterly terrifying, and sounded like several people were speaking in unison.

"Well then get back there! The Speakes have to die before the sun goes down,"

"The sun is already down," A night creature surfaced from the dark. It had a body of a wolf, but ahead of a bat. It had spikes all over its back and frosty blue eyes that shone a vibrant blue in the darkness.

"Y-you cannot entry the House of God!" The bishop announced, stepping back.

"T-there's no God here..." a frail voice mumbled. The bishop turned around, gasping. The seraph he ordered to crucify has finally spoken up, but those were their first word?! Her waking up caused the smaller night creatures to stress. They planned to make them their next meal, but a divine being such as themself emitted heavenly power, thus blocked any hellish brute from coming near.

"The seraph is right," the monster confirmed. "This has never been the House of God. It is an empty box," More bat-like creatures crawled out of the darkness, sitting on the walls and ceiling, seemingly breaking the laws of gravity. If not for their sharp claws, they would have fallen.

The bishops theory of salvation of the city was partially correct. The seraph's very presence was enough to stop the night hoard, but the Church had not treated her nicely. Nailing one to a crucifix is not a warm welcome.

"God is in all his churches!"

"Your God's love is not unconditional. He does not love us, and he does not know you,"

"I have done his bidding! My life's work is in his name!"

"Your life's work makes him puke,"

"I am the bishop of Gresit!"

"Your God knows we wouldn't be here without you," The creatures asserted its spikes. "It's all your fault, isn't it?"

"Say what?! She was a witch!"

"Lies? In your House of God?" The creatures asked. "No wonder he has abandoned you, but we have you,"

"What?" The bishop whispered, paralyzed with fear.

"We have you. We couldn't be here without you," The beast came closer. "Let me kiss you,"

Therewith, the seraph broke free, scaring away the creatures of the night. As they ripped themself off the cross, blood oozed from her legs and hands, staining her clothing. A rush of adrenaline filled her body as they flapped her wings and glided away through the broad doors of the church. The noise of the cross falling captured the attention of other night creatures. They had completely lost interest in puny humans which were presented before them. Assuredly something of a higher power would be more preferable.