An Emotional Rollercoaster

3rd POV
(Tw:mentions of abuse)
   The trio arrives at Hisoka's dorm and steps inside. They're met with a confused looking Meruem staring at them "since when do you have friends" he asked. Hisoka shrugs his shoulders and grabs a flatscreen tv out of a large box he didn't unpack " we're just watching a movie, care to join us?~" the 6'2 man asks. "Sure, I have nothing better to do" Meruem replies as Hisoka pulls out a large futon that was neatly put up under his bed. He put it up and set up the tv in 10 minutes. Everyone was now on the futon and choosing a movie. Meruem told them to wait so that he could bring some snacks.

They've picked out a horror/romance movie on Netflix to watch by the time Meruem came back. Illumi sat between Hisoka and Chrollo, but he was closer to Hisoka. They grabbed some snacks and then the movie started playing. Everyone was enjoying the movie so far until one of the character's bad flashbacks appeared. Illumi was instantly reminded of his parents and his first instinct was to cling onto the closest thing to him, which was Hisoka. The red head didn't mind this at all, he put a reassuring arm around Illumi. Chrollo's jealous ass noticed immediately while Meruem was a little bit too focused on the film when a chess scene came up next. "You okay?" Chrollo whispered to the clearly scared Zoldyck. Illumi looked at him for a second and nodded. Chrollo wanted to scoop Illumi up into his arms but he suppressed the urge to and tried to focus back on the movie.
*30 minutes pass*

   Hisoka gets up to go to the bathroom, leaving Illumi with nothing to hold on to. Another similar scene comes up as the one that scared him before, so he inched toward Chrollo and grabbed onto his arm softly. Illumi looked as pale as ever, Chrollo let Illumi cling onto him as long at the needed to. The warmth of Illumi left when Hisoka came back and sat down on the couch. Illumi finally got a grip and stopped clinging to people. "My family would be ashamed of me right now " he thought sadly. His expression went back blank and he quietly watch the movie until it was done. Meruem was fast asleep so Hisoka easily picked up his roomate and put the cover over him so he wouldn't get sick.

Chrollo was barely awake and Illumi was wide awake just like he was. "You two can stay the night if you want, we won't mind~" Hisoka tells both Chrollo and Illumi. They both accepted his invitation, Chrollo took the futon and Illumi got into Hisoka's bed with his boxers on again. Hisoka decided to get them both some night clothes, he gave Chrollo a red shirt and some sweats while he gave Illumi a long shirt and some loose shorts. Eventually, he got in the bed with Illumi and wrapped his arms around him " let me know, if you're feeling scared again. Ok?" Hisoka whispered. Illumi slowly nodded and softly smiled at Hisoka. Illumi never wanted to leave, he desperately craved this type of affection. The red head was shocked, he never seen Illumi smile before. It reminded him of why he started to fall for the man in front of him, his features were so unique, and gorgeous. He wondered how Illumi felt about him being so close and touchy with him, so he decided to ask.

"Hey, Illu?" Hisoka asked. Illumi opened his eyes and started looking at the man next to him. "How do you feel, when we're close like this?" The magician asked quietly. "I feel...safe" Illumi whispered and then continued to explain his childhood to Hisoka, he said how he didn't have any affection like this as a kid. He fell asleep soon after. Hisoka was shocked but he closes his eyes too.
*3 hours later*

   Illumi couldn't sleep so he checked his phone. He had 4 missed calls from Silvia and 12 missed calls from Kyoko. "I'm fucked" Illumi thought. He got up and rushed to his dorm to have a private conversation with his parents. He decided to call his father first, the phone rang for a few seconds before he heard screeching from his mother on the other end of the phone. "I see you've finally decided to call back. If you would've called any later, I would've had to hunt you down. Also, apologize to your mother when morning comes." Silva started " I hope you keep your performance up or else, you'll have to come back home and be punished. This is a simple task, I trust that you can complete it. DON'T show anyone any weakness, you'll soil the Zoldyck name if you do that. Also, don't break any of the rules I've told you before you left or else there will be serious consequences. You're an assassin, not a normal person, remember that." His father said sternly. "Yes father" Illumi said, trying not to show any sign of weakness in his voice. "Good" Silva said before he hung up.
*a good 30 seconds later*

   Illumi turned around and saw a shocked Hisoka. "No" Illumi started as his eyes started to tear up. "How much did you hear?" Illumi said asked almost silently. "All of it" Hisoka replied obviously still shocked at what he had heard. "He's an assassin?" Hisoka thought over and over again. Now Hisoka knew he was an assassin, he messed up big time. He knew that the consequences would be great if he told anybody this information.

Illumi couldn't take it anymore, the stress of everything finally took its toll on him. He fell to the floor and let out all of his bottled emotions from all the years of being mentally and physically abused he endured. He uncontrollably sobbed while saying "I swear I'm not a murderer, I promise." , "please believe me", and "please don't tell anyone, I'm begging you." His head started to spin, everything was clashing down on him all at once. Everything stopped for a second "I'm sorry" Illumi choked out to Hisoka. Hisoka snapped out of his shock and walked to Illumi "hey hey hey, Illumi look at me okay? Calm down, I'm not gonna tell anyone. Just calm down for me, okay?" Hisoka wrapped his arms around Illumi as Illumi tried to push him off.

Illumi fought back until he finally relaxed, he cried in Hisoka's arms until he finally got a grip on his emotions. Hisoka laid Illumi in his own bed and was about to leave until Illumi quietly said "stay, please". The red head gave in and laid next to Illumi and put the covers over both of them. Hisoka cuddled Illumi as he assumed he needed as much affection as he could get right now. Hisoka thought about the conversation they would have after this and they had nothing but time since they didn't have school for the rest of the week due to some kind of complications. They both fell asleep fairly quick, quicker than the have before.