Chapter 7: I need to talk to her

"Are you sure you want to go to school Y/N?"Keiji asks.

"Yea, I need a distraction. I'll be fine Keiji, don't worry." I say reassuring him.

"Oh and by the way, Bokuto and I are gonna practice together today, if you wanna join?" I say.

"Ok I'll practice with you guys" he says.

"Yaaaayyyyyy!" I say hugging him.

Bokuto pov:

Oh there they are.

"Hey hey hey!!" I say running up to them.

"Hey Bokuto!!" Y/N says.

"Hey Bokuto-san" Akaashi says.

"Bokuto, Keiji agreed to practice with us today!" she says.

"Yay! We'll have a setter!" I say excitedly, even though I kinda wanted it to just be the two of us.

Why do I feel disappointed? What is this feeling?

"I hope you don't mind Bokuto. I thought we would've needed a setter." she says scratching the back of her neck.

"No I don't mind at all!" I say back.

Y/N pov:

I love Keiji but maybe I shouldn't have invited him. I kinda wanted it to just be me and Bokuto.

***TIME SKIP***

"Bokutoooooooo!!" I say running towards him.

"Y/nnnnnnnnnn!!" he says returning the same energy.

"You ready?!" I say.

"Totally!" he says back with his wide smile.

"Alright let's go to the gym." I say.

"We're not gonna wait for Akaashi?" he says.

"It's fine, he can meet us there." I say grabbing his hand and pulling him into the gym.

A bright pink covered Bokuto's cheeks.

"Alright, let's set everything up and then we can change." I say.

"Ok cool." he says calmly.

We finish setting everything up and changing and Akaashi enters the gym.

"HEY KEIJI! HURRY UP AND GET CHANGED I WANNA PRACTICE!!" I yell at him.

"We're the only ones in here. Could you be any louder?" he says rolling his eyes and heads to the locker room.

Akaashi Pov:

How can she distract herself so easily? How can she just put on a mask? I know she's hurting.

"Finally! Let's get started!" Y/N says.

I set her the ball and she spikes it. Hard. She hit it with way more power and force than she usually would.

I set some to Bokuto and he does great, like usual.

Everytime I set to Y/N she hits it too hard. She keeps popping the balls.

Bokuto looks at her concerned and then looks at me.

"Are you okay Y/N?" he says.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm just super pumped." she says laughing a little.

Stop lying Y/N. Don't lie to yourself.

***TIME SKIP***

"We've been practicing for 3 hours Y/N. Look at you hand, it's bruised. I think it's time we stopped."  I say.

"No I'm fine." she says sternly.

"Yeah, I think Akaashi is right Y/N. We should probably sto-" Bokuto tries to say.

"I said I was fine alright." she says.

"No you're not Y/N. Stop lying to yourself. You're not fine. You're not okay." I say fed up with her acting fine when she's not.

Bokuto looks at me and without saying anything, I know he's confused and genuinely wants to know what's going on.

"Let's just go home." Y/N says packing all the equipment up.

We try to help her but she's already done and walking out of the gym.

I need to talk to her.

******************************************

A/N: hey guys! i'm starting to just update whenever i can. i tried to set like times and days to update but i couldn't do it, so i'm just gonna update whenever now. thanks for reading and cya in the next one!💞💞