part 6

EVOCATION
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:
JORGE AND BRENDA

TESSA WOKE TO THE SOUND of Thomas talking, and getting off the ground where they had fallen asleep

"Hey, Hey" he said "get up" Tessa furrowed her eyebrows at him "Newt, Tessa get up, come on let's go" he urged "Frypan, Aris— I see something"

"What is it? What..."

"You see that?" Thomas asked, pointing to where there was light near a building "it's lights. We made it"

Tessa grew surprised, before a loud bang rang through the air— thunder. They turned to the atom clouds that made Tessa shiver, and lightning touched the ground.

"Let's go. We gotta go" Thomas said "come on. come on, let's go! Let's go!" Thomas yelled as they began to run towards the light.

Tessa ran quickly as lightning struck the ground behind them— only making her go faster at the fear she might get hit.

"Hurry! Go! Run!"

"Come on, Teresa! Go, go, go!"

"Keep going! Go!"

Tessa looked back for a moment, and the world seemed to slow down as Minho looked up a the sky only seconds before lightly came crashing down towards him— knocking him off his feet unconscious.

"Minho!" She screamed, and Thomas ran towards him, going to his side.

Newt and Aris went to help pick him up and Tessa felt someone grab her arm— Teresa. She pulled her lightly so she would run and the others were slightly behind them as Fry ran beside Tessa as well.

Tessa and Teresa were first into the building and Fry held the door for the others

"Come on! Get in!" He yelled, and the rest of them came in with Minho before Fry shut the door.

"Put him down. Watch his head." They put Minho on the ground and Tessa leaned down beside him along with Newt.

"Who's got a light?"

"Minho! Come on, come on." Newt said "Minho? Minho? Come on, Minho. Come on, man."

Minho let out a groan and his eyes fluttered open slightly and looked around

"There he is. There you go. Here you are." They handed Minho a bit of water that was left over

"Are you okay?" Tessa asked and Minho nodded slightly.