Spencer nods, sitting up straighter, reaching over to stop her scratching. "Hey, it's okay."

"I know," she murmurs. "I can't help it sometimes."

"I understand."

They both buckle their seatbelts as the jet descends. When they land, the team files off of the jet, Hotch leading the way back into the bullpen.

"It's late. Everyone go home. Enjoy your weekend. Paperwork can wait."

The team nods, and Spencer decides to take the stairs, not wanting to stand in a crowded elevator. He doesn't even realize Y/n is following him until he hears the soft thud of her shoes against the concrete steps. Turning around, he gives her a smile, sticking his hands in his pockets.

"You're my ride," she says, giving him a small smile.

"Right," he replies, grinning as they descend the stairs.

The two walk to his car in silence, Spencer unlocking the car before climbing into it. He starts the car, watching Y/n buckle her seatbelt. He does the same before beginning the short ride to his apartment. The car ride is mostly silent, both of them exhausted from the case.

Spencer and Y/n walk up the steps to their apartments, Spencer pausing outside of his door. Y/n stops as well, facing him. Spencer clears his throat softly, meeting her eyes.

"Um...I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to an NA meeting tomorrow," he says softly. "You, uh, you don't have to. I just thought I'd offer. They really help me."

Y/n hesitates a moment before nodding. "Sure. O-Okay. What time?"

"Ten," he replies, his voice still soft.

She nods. "Okay."

He wants to hug her—badly. But he doesn't want to overstep, not when she's finally opening up and letting him in. He opts on giving her a small smile and a nod.

"See you tomorrow, then. I'm right down here if you need me."

She smiles gratefully at him before telling him goodnight and turning around, walking up the steps to her own apartment. Spencer hears her unlock and open her door, hearing it close behind her. He bites the skin on his bottom lip as he unlocks his own door, sighing as he closes and locks it behind him.

He showers before pulling on some Christmas pajama pants and a t-shirt, yawning as he flips off his light and climbs underneath the covers. It feels strange sleeping alone after falling asleep holding Y/n last night. Instead of dwelling on that thought, Spencer pulls his body pillow close to him, burying his face in the pillow as he tries to fall asleep.

•••

"I'm nervous."

Spencer glances over at Y/n sitting next to him on the metro. He gives her a small smile, shaking his head.

"You don't need to be nervous," he says softly. "No one is gonna judge you."

"Still," she murmurs, her leg bouncing slightly, her gaze fixed on the back of the seat in front of her.

"Hey, look at me." Her eyes flick to his and he gives her a comforting smile. "I'll be there the whole time. And if you can even hold my hand if you want. If it'll make you feel better."

"Really?" She asks, biting the inside of her cheek.

Spencer nods. "Really."

As the metro comes to a stop, Spencer and Y/n stand. As soon as they're off the metro, Y/n's hand finds Spencer's, lacing her fingers with his. Spencer feels his face flush as he leads her in the direction of the Community Church, warmth blooming in his chest.