Chapter 27

It's been a month, why won't he wake up. Minato was walking through the village thinking to himself as he walked towards the hospital. Tsunade said it would take a while, but I didn't think it would be this long. Naruto is supposed to heal fast. Knowing that there was nothing he could do to help made the whole situation worse.

Minato was standing outside of the hospital when he suddenly got a terrible feeling, like something bad was happening. Naruto! Minato entered the hospital quickly as he made his way towards Naruto's room. When he got there he noticed that the ANBU guards that were normally there had changed, and his bad feeling only got worse.

"Excuse me? Is everything alright?" Minato addressed the guards that were standing outside.

"Minato Namikaze. We can't let you enter the room at the moment." The guard on the left spoke up.

Minato was getting suspicious as he continued to talk. "Why not? It's never been an issue before." He turned on his chakra sensing as he spoke. As soon as he did, he was able to sense a sinister chakra in the room with Naruto, he recognized it right away as Danzo's. What is Danzo doing in Naruto's hospital room?

"We can't provide you with any information. It is confidential. We are sorry, but you must leave now." This time it was the guard on the right that spoke.

Good, they haven't caught onto me yet. I've got to keep it that way. "I understand. I'll come back later then." Minato turned to walk back the way he came, making it look like he was leaving. When he rounded the corner, he concealed his chakra and made his way towards the outside of the hospital. He walked along a ridge outside that was not too far below Naruto's window. Finally when he got close enough, he could hear what Danzo was saying inside.

"You have become quite the problem for me." Danzo's voice was dripping with malice. "If you were easier to manage I would have you work for me, but as you are now, you are only going to be a hindrance."

Minato could hear clicking in Naruto's room. He decided to carefully look around the corner so that he could see into the room, and what he saw made his blood boil. Danzo was messing with Naruto's IV line and Minato could see that he was about to put something in it.

"Now what do you think you are doing to Naruto?" Minato transported into the room, making Danzo turn sharply.

"Ah, Minato, what are you doing here?" Danzo was trying to act as if nothing happened.

"I come almost everyday to see Naruto. I look after him." Minato narrowed his eyes as he said the last part.

Danzo took a step back so as to not get on Minato's bad side. He knew what he could do if he were angry. "I assure you, I have no ill intent towards the boy. But how did you get in here."

"I placed a Flying Raijin jutsu mark on Naruto's bed frame, so if there was trouble, I could get here quickly." Minato stepped closer to Naruto, forcing Danzo back towards the door. Even though he said he doesn't have any ill will, he doesn't trust Danzo at all, especially when he heard what Naruto said to Danzo before their last mission. "I have to ask that you leave now. And take your guards with you."

Danzo decided that it was best to leave in order to avoid any further suspicion. As he got to the door he turned back towards Minato, an emotionless expression on his face. "I do wish Naruto makes it through okay."

Minato watched as Danzo left, a chill running down his spine at what he said as he left. I don't trust Danzo, and Naruto seems to know something, but I need him to wake up to ask him. When Minato was sure that Danzo was gone, he finally relaxed and made sure that Naruto's IV was properly hooked up and then sat down on the chair next to Naruto's bed.