Chapter 30

I gathered as much of my things as I could fit into a few bags and took them with me to Kai's.

Neither of us wanted to separate at the moment, and even though my friends didn't hate me, I don't think anyone would be thrilled to see us together all the time. So Kai's was the best option.

Admittedly I was delighted when Kai had asked me to stay with him. I had gotten used to his constant company, and the thought of spending my days without him made me feel lonely.

He cleared a drawer for my stuff and had adamantly been asking me all night if there was anything he could do to make me more comfortable. It was sweet but all I really needed to be comfortable was him.

It was only 9pm but we had already curled up in bed in need of some down time. We had finally moved on to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. The movie played on Kai's TV as I lay on his chest, our legs tangled under the covers.

The whole time the movie played he softly played with my hair, every so often leaning down and kissing the top of my head.

When the movie finished Kai and I spoke for a while about our thoughts on the film, as we always did. He had been sad when Cedric had died, even more sad when Amos Diggory had found his boy dead.

Usually I would be bawling my eyes out during the film, totally enveloped in the plot. However, if I'm honest, my mind was distracted by things other than the movie. I think Kai had noticed my thoughts were else where as he urged me to talk to him.

One of my, admittedly many, flaws, was that I was always scared people would leave me. That they'd wake up one day and realise they were sick of me. They'd realise they were better off without me. I was terrified of coming back to the real world and Kai realising that now I wasn't the only other person available, he'd rather spend his time with someone else. That he'd realise, perhaps our romance only worked in the prison world.

"What's next for us Kai?" I questioned, looking into his eyes.

"What do you mean?" He replied.

He shuffled in even closer to me, pressing his body tightly against me, softly stroking my back.

"It's just, I know we've only just got together, but things with us feel so right, you know?" I began.

Kai's smile brightened the room. He truly looked so handsome when he smiled.

"I feel the same way." He grinned. "You know I do Maddie, you're literally everything to me."

His reassuring words admittedly did make me feel slightly better.

"I just don't want to wait to start our life together that's all."

"Then let's not wait." His hands cupped my face as he spoke. The warmth of his fingertips creeped across my cheeks.

"Tell me what life you want, and I'll give you it. I promise."

"Tell me your dreams." He added.

I didn't need to think. I'd had the same dream since I was a little girl. I'd always had these plans set out. I used to describe them in great detail to my family and friends often. My father would laugh and he'd say "A whole life in bullet points."

Then I became a vampire and my parents died and things sort of got in the way. I didn't expect any of what had happened to me in the last few years, so I just stood by and watched as my life became something unrecognisable.

"I want to live in Greenwich. In a nice apartment, big enough for us both but not so big you feel lonely in it. We'd go up to the roof and look at the stars at night. I'd like to work in journalism, maybe for a magazine. So I'd apply to school in NYC. We'd meet for lunch in the park, watch basketball -"

I stopped listing as I noticed how wide Kai's smile was. I could almost swear there was a small tear in the corner of his eye. Hopefully a happy one. He began to speak, his hand now tangled in my hair.

"It's perfect." He whispered.

A grin then seeped across my own lips, happy we were on the same page. If there was one person I wanted to share this dream with it was him.

"What will you do?" I whispered back.

He took a moment to consider it.

"I'd like to own my own cafe. I'd check in on it every now and again but I wouldn't spend every day there. When I wasn't working there I'd like to spend my time at home, I'd write my very own cook book." He paused again before gasping excitedly. "Maybe we'd get a dog."

It was the perfect life. There was nothing stopping us going for it anymore. I didn't have anything holding me back now, and I finally had someone I wanted to share my dream with. All the bad things didn't matter so much anymore, not with him by my side.

"Kai?" My voice was quiet, my heart beginning to flutter at a quicker pace.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"I want you to tell me what you were going to say before you left for Canada."

He beamed down at me holding my face with his hand. Pausing for a second as his ocean blue eyes consumed me.

"I wanted to say that I know it hasn't been long, but since the first night I spent here with you I've known."

He paused again. His eyes scanning every inch of me.

"I love you Maddie."

Joy rushed through my body as I heard him utter the words. Of course I felt the same. I couldn't explain it, but I had just fell for him quicker than I imagined was possible. I guess love doesn't conform to a timeframe.

"I love you too."