VI. A Spell to Make the Unseen Seen

Magsimula sa umpisa

Lucy and Mila stared at the house in awe. They peeked behind the door to see more forest. It was Narnian enchantment at its finest. Much like the wardrobe Lucy had encountered, leading her to the magical land.

"Well put, Chief. Well put."

"Yeah."

"Well, go on. We haven't got all day."

"Remember what could happen to your friend."

"You've been warned."

Yeah."

Lucy turned in frustration. "Why don't you do it yourselves?"

"We can't read," the chief admitted.

"Can't write either, as a matter of fact."

"Or add."

Mila said sympathetically, "You could have just told us such."

"Beware the Oppressor."

"He's very oppressive," another said.

"What makes the unseen, seen, got it?" the chief reminded them as they walked through the doors.

---

Edmund felt someone shaking him and awoke to see Caspian standing above him. "Ed. Ed, wake up. Wake up. Look. The girls are gone."

Edmund immediately got up and looked at where Mila and Lucy had been sleeping. "Mila! Lucy!" he shouted.

"Everybody up!" Caspian cried.

"Get up! Get up, I said!" Drinian yelled.

As they got up, they started scrambling for their things. Edmund put his leather armour on as Caspian grabbed his sword.

"This way!" Caspian told them, following the footprints.

In all the commotion, no one noticed they'd left someone behind. Eustace. Edmund didn't bother waking his obnoxious cousin, as he rather enjoyed the peace and quiet.

CORIARKIN'S MANSION

Lucy and Mila walked through a dimly lit corridor and reached a library. In the library, was a large podium in the centre of the room with a closed book.

Lucy walked up to the book and tried to open it, but it was latched shut. Mila noticed cherubs holding horns and blowing into them, so she pointed to it and Lucy nodded. She blew onto the cover and the letters made words. The Book of Incantations. She shot Mila a smile and opened it flipping past various spells and came to one for snow.

Lucy recited the spell. "With these words. Your tongue must sew. For all around there to be snow."

A soft snowflake fell onto the page and Lucy and Mila looked up as snow fell. The snow soon stopped and Lucy blew on the page and the book started flipping through the pages uncontrollably. Lucy smacked her hand down and green mist flowed from the page behind. She started turning her head around as though she heard something before going back to the book.

"An infallible spell, to make you see, the beauty you always wanted to be," she recited again.

Mila frowned. "Lu, dabbling in dark magic is never a good idea."

She ignored her friend and stared into the tiny mirror in the book. "Susan? What's going... on?"

Lucy lifted her hand and caressed her cheek and walked towards a full length mirror and yelled, "No, wait!"

She chanted quickly, "Make me she, whom I'd agree..." She tore the page from the book and Mila heard her father roar, though he wasn't seen. "Aslan?" Lucy called.