VI. A Spell to Make the Unseen Seen

A crew member had seen land and Caspian was staring at the island through his spyglass.

"It looks uninhabited. But if the lords followed the mist east, the would have stopped here," he said to Mila, Drinian and Edmund.

"Could be a trap," Edmund guessed.

Mila shook her head. "I don't believe so. Caspian, if I may?" He handed her the spyglass and she stared at the island for a moment. "I still don't believe it to be a trap."

Caspian took the spyglass back from Mila's outstretched hand and pushed the end down. "We'll spend the night on shore. Scour the island in the morning." He handed it to Drinian.

Drinian nodded. "Aye, Your Majesty."

Mila made her way over to the boats, followed by Lucy. They explored the island a short while before falling asleep. Mila faintly heard voices and next she knew, she was being taken somewhere. She couldn't get away and she couldn't scream, and neither could Lucy.

Mila and Lucy were carried to a garden in a maze and fell to the ground with a grunt. "Lucy!" Mila cried.

"Mila!" she yelled.

The girls both stood and unsheathed their daggers, pointing them in every direction. One of the invisible creatures disarmed them. Their daggers fell to the ground. Mila's sword was grabbed. The queens ran towards them, but were pushed back to the floor. Lucy and Mila slowly crawled towards a bush.

"There is no escape," a deep voice told them.

"Well put."

"Scary."

"Yeah."

"What are you?" Lucy and Mila asked.

"We are terrifying invisible beasts."

"If you could see us, you would be really intimidated."

"You forgot to mention that we are very large."

"Well, what do you want?" Lucy and Mila asked again.

"You two. You'll do what we ask."

"They will."

"Very clear."

"Well put."

"Yeah."

Lucy and Mila rose to their feet and questioned in a confident manner, "Or what?"

"Or death," the one in charge threatened. "We've heard the stories of the lion's daughter. Wonder what would happen if she were to die."

"Death?" numerous of them answered, taunting Mila and Lucy.

Lucy frowned. "Well, we wouldn't be much use to you dead, now would we?"

"I hadn't thought of that."

"No, you hadn't."

"Fair point."

"All right, we'll just kill her," one said, yanking Mila's hair.

Mila tried escaping as she replied, "Fine. Take me. So long as you let my friend be."

"Ohh."

"Good idea."

Lucy glanced to Mila in fear and asked, "What do you want with us?"

"You will enter the house of the Oppressor."

"What house?" Lucy asked in a defeated tone.

"This one," the one in charge answered as a house appeared. Two double doors opened and light shined upon them. "Upstairs, you'll find the Book of Incantations. Recite the spell that makes the unseen seen."