Chapter 1: I'm on My Way Up

2012:

"Ugh not another one!" (Y/n) grumbles as she glances at her arm, another line of poetry is what she could assume was written on her right arm. This time it was something about 'Now I'm the model of a modern major general The venerated Virginian veteran whose men...' "What is with you obsessively writing poems on your arm...can't you just doodle or write locations down?" she grumbles with a pout on her lips.

"Mysterious Soulmate eludes my best friend once again?" came the voice of (Y/B/F/F) (Your Best Friend Forever) who was sitting across from her on the picnic bench. "You know it's quite a wonder you haven't like asked them to clarify?" they tease.

"I would but you know it doesn't work that way..." (Y/n) grumbles as she shoves her papers into her folder. "I've got this paper I've got to get done, the last thing I need to do is try and decipher things. At least the other poem was rather sweet...paragraph's into palaces and building cathedrals or something,"

"That is, you've got yourself, someone who does quite a bit of writing, maybe he's an English major wherever he is?"
"Yeah he's older than me though, the words started appearing far before I was thirteen, they started when I was ten, so he's roughly three years older than I am." she points out.

"Yeah, and I'm working on getting a Doctorate degree, which reminds me you were supposed to help me find sources for my paper."

"Yeah yeah yeah, why do you have to even write this kind of Dissertation, aren't you already studying in the law?" (Y/B/F/F) asks.

"Well yes, but still it'd be easier to make my way up if I have a Doctorate of Law, and I'm so close! I can feel it. In three years I'll be up in the big leagues doing so many great cases!" (Y/n) points out with a beaming grin. "And hopefully with enough time, I'll be able to move from the firm here in LA to the New York firm!"

"But New York is so far away!" (Y/B/F/F) whines, "I'll miss you all the way here in Cali...who will go to beaches with me?"

"Ha-ha, I still will, it'll just be only during breaks of course, and you know I like the cold better than the burning heat here, if I could be in the snow I'm happier,"

"Yeah...now let's finish this."

________

Lin:

"You know, the more you write on your arm the more your soulmate might get fed up with you writing about Hamilton" Alex points out with a laugh as Lin huffed.

"Okay so I didn't have any paper and my phone was close to dying, I had to write somewhere. My right arm is a great place for it! And at least they responded with a monster drawing...I think they might be an artist? But then again I haven't a clue...it drives me nuts..."

"Hey focus on this, if we get Hamilton perfected you might have a chance to invite her, after all, you're the one who avoids putting places down on your arm, not them."

"Okay, who's side are you on?" Lin groans. "I'll meet them when I do, that's how this all works,"

"Sure man whatever you say, don't throw your shot away," Alex jokes.

"Ha-ha using my own lyrics against me, I get it...it might be years until we meet, and that's okay, I just have to be patient and wait,"

"Since when do you wait for things to happen?"

"Since Burr waited...now that sounds good..." Lin mutters moving to write down ideas, not realizing that it would be years until he actually met his soulmate, and at the time he needed them the most.