🐾●°●🐭●°●🐾

"There she is!" Harry cheered as Uma and Myra pushed their way through the crowd of people. Gil was the first one to pull her into a hug, followed by Harry. Who had to let go of a pretty, pink wearing princess with blue streaks through her hair. 
     Harry kissed Myra on the top of her head before letting go, his killer grin on his lips. "Got off duty early, I see?" 
     Myra beamed back at him. "Even better, I got fired." 
     "Wait." Gil spoke up. "Does that mean-"
     "That she got her soul back, fuck yeah!" Uma answered for her, bumping her shoulder into her cousin's. 
     Gil and Harry both grabbed one of Myra's arms and one of each other as they cheered with glee. 
     That's when Myra's eyes fell on the pink princess again, who was looking a little awkward, clearly feeling out of place. Myra knew the girl was Audrey and thought it would be a good moment to introduce herself to her for the second time. 
     The blonde moved away from her friends, coming to stand in front of Audrey. "Well, well, look at that." Myra started with a smirk on her lips, Lunch's tail hovering in front of her throat. "You don't look half bad without all the black, Audrey." Audrey let out an hesitant chuckle, not seeming to know how else to respond. 
     "I'm M-"
     "Myra." Audrey finished. "I know, and I am so sorry for trying to kill you-"
     "It's fine, girl." Myra said through a short laugh. 
     "Really?" The princess questioned with a raised eyebrow, trying not to let her eyes wonder off to the rat on the girl's shoulder.
     "Yeah, I mean. I've tried to kill my fair share of people. Even kidnapped the King once. So who am I to judge. Just, don't do it again and we're cool." 
     A smile came on Audrey's lips. "Great!... Wait." The smile turned into a frown. "You kidnapped Ben? When did that happened?" 
     "Few months ago." Uma answered, joining the conversation with crossed arms, not knowing if she liked Audrey all that much. "We're a great team, right Cousin?" 
     "The best." Myra answered, hooking her arm with Uma's.
     "Oi! Don't forget 'bout us!" Harry chimed in, wrapping his arm around Uma's shoulders while Gil put his around Myra's waist, careful not to disturb Lunch. 
     "Yeah! We helped too." Uma and Myra laughed, also holding on to the two guys. Their little family. Together and free at last.
     "So..." Audrey started, still standing in front of the four. "What are you guys going to do now you're free?" 
     Myra's eyes found Uma's before looking at the horizon, "I don't know about you guys, but..." The girl took a deep inhale of the fresh air around them. She let go of Gil and Uma, taking a few steps into the direction of the castle as she started to sing. 
     "Cast out on the Isle,
       Drifting with the tide. 
      And no way of finding me.
      Now, that I'm free,
      Nothing but blue skies,
      Auradon in front of me." The girl lay her hand on the railing of the stairs that lead to the balcony, her eyes closed. 
     "Afraid I'll awake from this dream,
      I hold my breath
      And just believe." Myra opened her eyes, jumping around, grabbing Audrey's hands to turn both of them in a circle as she continued to sing. 
     "Tired of all the troubles,
       They've been wasting my time." She let go of Audrey, turning to Uma and the boys.
     "I don't wanne fight,
      Gonna leave it behind.
      Taking on faith,
      Now I'm ready to fly.
      I'm in the middle of starting over." 
     Myra hooked her arm with Uma's again, smiling widely as she pulled her Cousin with her to the stairs. Jumping on the first step without her. 
     "Back to the beginning." 
     Uma jumped onto the step above Myra, looking down at her with the same happy smile on her lips as she joined in with the song. "Gonna hit rewind." 
     "Chance to do it over." Myra sang, stepping two steps higher so she was standing above her cousin again. 
      Of course, Uma did the same thing. "To get it right this time."
     Myra joined Uma's step. "Life gives you pennies."
     "Turn them into dimes." Uma finished. 
     "We're in the middle of starting over." The two of them sang together.  "We're in the middle of starting over." 
     Uma pulled Myra with her on top of the balcony, where a group of five people wearing red robes were dancing around with a big, purple dragon made out of all different kind of fabrics, held high with sticks. The big, green eyes seemed to glow as they reflected the light of the sun. 
     Myra had no time to question where it came from or who had made it as Uma jumped through the gap between guys continuing to sing. 
     "Alone, in a room,
      Tearing down the walls.
      Painting over scars and bruises." Myra did her best to keep an eye on her cousin, but the people, moving the long dragon up and down, creating a wave of purple, made it hard to see. 
     "Now, this is home.
      Fill it up with love
      And make the best of something new, yeah." 
     Finally being able to find a gap, Myra joined Uma in the middle of the dancing dragon. 
     "As hard as it seems,
      I hold my breath and just believe."
     The two started to dance with each other as they sang. "Tired of all the troubles,
      They've been wasting our time.
      We don't wanne fight,
      Gonna leave it behind. 
      Taking on faith,
      New, we're ready to fly.
      We're in the middle of starting over." 
     Out of nowhere, Harry and Gil had pulled them out from between the people, joining them in the song. 
     "Back to the beginning,
      Gonna hit rewind.
      Chance to do it over,
      Get it right this time." Gil jumped on top of the railing, looking out over the square. Followed by Uma, then Harry and Myra at the end of the line. 
     "Life gives you pennies,
      Turn them into dimes.
      'Cause we're in the middle of starting over." 
     Myra looked up at the sky, her head resting on Harry's shoulder as she took a deep breath and continued the song alone. 
     "The colors and the sun
      Seem a little brighter.
      Tomorrow isn't far away.
      Through the hardest part,
      I'm working towards a Happy Ending..." Her voice trailed off as her eyes fell on a small group of people not far away from them on the ground, even though her eyes only focused on one of them. Jay, laughing and messing with his friends. The pull on her heart became stronger, wanting to go to him but not yet having build up the nerve to do so. 
     "Tired of all the troubles,
      They've been wasting my time." Uma sang, pulling Myra out of her thoughts.
     Gil sung up next. "I don't wanne fight,
      "Gonna leave it behind."
     "Taking on faith." Harry sang. 
     "Now I'm ready to fly." Myra finished, right before all of them sang the next line. 
     "We're in the middle of starting over." 
     Myra pushed herself to the right so she could slide off the railing, jumping off on to the ground. Harry did the same, bumping into Myra which got her to fall to the ground. Lunch squeaked angrily at almost falling to the hard ground with so many people jumping and dancing around them, it could've been the death of him. 
     A hand came into Myra's vision, offering to help her back up, which she gladly took. She came halfway through saying thank you before she froze, recognizing the person who helped her up. It was Jay. 
     More people had joined in with their song, which continued around them, but Myra had lost the ability to sing along. 
     "So, you're soul is yours again?" Jay questioned. His face unreadable for the girl. Fortunately for her, she regained the ability to speak after clearing her throat. The giddy feeling of freedom taking over her body as she nodded multiple times.
     "It is! I am so happy. For the first time in my life I'm actually my own person, I'd never thought it would actually happen..." Her voice trailed off as she saw the look in Jay's eyes and small smile on his lips.
     "I'm happy for you."
     Silence fell between the two while the song still continued around them. Finally, Myra build up the courage to say what was on her mind. "Jay, I am so sor-" 
     Carlos jumped in between the two, arms around both Jay's and Myra's neck, his full weight slamming into the both of them. The boy held a big smile on his lips as he sang along. Jay and Myra locked eyes for a short moment, both held the same, sad expression before looking away.  
     Evie joined Myra's other side, hugging the girl. still singing the song. "We're in the middle of starting over." 
     Carlos let go of Jay, taking Myra's hands in his, turning both of them in a circle until she smiled and sang along. 
     "Back to the beginning,
      Gonna hit rewind." Carlos let go, making room for Mal, who wrapped one arm around Myra's waist, resting her head on the girl's shoulder.
     "Chance to do it over,
      Get it right this time." Everyone joined their sides, Uma, Carlos, Jay, Gil, Evie, Harry, Ben, Doug and Jane. Even Dude joined them. Forming one, long line of intertwined arms and hands. Singing together as if they had never done differently.
     "Life gives you pennies, 
      Turn them into dimes.
      We're in the middle of starting over.
      We're in the middle of starting over."

🐾●°●🐭●°●🐾

A/N
One more chapter left! 
Are you guys ready for the ending?
(I certainly am not)

Have a nice day/night/whatever it is!

~Purple Dragon