Chapter 24

Myra was sitting in the windowsill, away from the others, looking to the outside world. She still couldn't really believe it. How beautiful everything was in Auradon. Not just the trees and bushes and flowers, but also the buildings and the food. Their clothes looked so much more comfortable than all the leather people wear on the Isle. Even though she did still think leather looked better than whatever kind of material they used for Auradon clothes. 
     The sun was past it's highest point, about to go further down with every hour. Myra leaned back against the wall, repositioning so the rays of the sun touched her pale skin. The warmth helped her relax. Not just her, but also Lunch crawled down her side to lay down on one of the pillows in the sun. Feeling save enough the little, white animal curled his tail around his body and closed his eyes. Myra had gotten a hold on a black pen, which she lazily used to draw on the skin of her wrist.
     There was a soft knock on the door, drawing only Myra's attention. Without waiting for an answer the door opened just enough for Evie's head to peak around the corner. "Can I come in?" When Myra nodded once Evie walked into the room, closing the door behind her with her foot. In her left hand, she was holding a cup with an orange liquid and in her right hand she held a plate. On top of it lay multiple kinds of food. 
     "I brought you some lunch." By the mention of his name, Lunch looked up at the woman. "Ow, sorry. Not you." Evie told the little creature, who seemed to shrug it's shoulders before laying back down. Thinking she must have seen it wrong, Evie shook her head while sitting down beside Myra.
     She handed her the cup first. "It's orange juice." She answered the non spoken question. "It's full of nutrients like vitamin C, folate and potassium."
     Myra chuckled, seeing how talking about this drink made her smile. "I've no idea what most of those words mean, but I'm gonna assume it's good for you." 
     "Well, I haven't seen you drink anything since we got here..." The young woman said with a slightly nervous chuckle. While she talked, Myra took a sip from the juice. It was slightly sour, but she liked the taste. 
     "Here." Evie started, presenting the platter of food before putting it down between them. "These are chocolate chip cookies, these are strawberries, little blocks of cumin cheese and-"
     "Grapes." Myra finished when Evie pointed at the little, round fruits. popping one in her mouth. She loved the taste so much. 
     "Yeah." 
     A silence fell between the two while Myra tried out the other pieces of food, offering Lunch a grape. Myra could see the slight nervousness of the girl in front of her. How she avoided eye contact and messed with the edge of her skirt. Wanting to bring her at ease a little, Myra decided to ask her something. 
     "So... You and Doug?" Immediately Evie's face lit up at the mention of the guy. Her boyfriend. Her eyes met Myra's while she nodded enthusiastically. "Honestly, E, I thought you'd go for a prince or a knight in shining armor." There was the hint of a teas in the blond's words. Which Evie seemed to catch on because she laughed.
     "Yeah, well. That's what I was planning on after all. But Doug..." The young woman thought about her next words, a dreamy look in her eyes. "He's so sweet and smart. He always believed in me, helped me with my studies. We became friends first and now we're more. Isn't it wonderful how things can turn out?" Evie ended her praise for her boyfriend with a reluctant sigh. Then she seemed to remember something.
     "So." Evie started. Myra wasn't looking at her as she put a peace of cheese in her mouth. If she had she would've seen the smirk on her lips. "You and Harry?"
     "What about me and Harry?" Myra questioned not understanding what she ment. Taking a strawberry and bit off a small piece to taste it.
     "Well, you two are together. Right? I mean, he keeps calling you love. I actually think it's quite cute-"
     Evie got interrupted when the strawberry shot into the wrong pipe, making Myra cough desperately to get it out of there.
     "No-" the girl managed to get out between coughs.
     Ones recovered she turned fully to Evie. "No, no, no. No." The distress in her voice alarmed Lunch, who shot up and ran to take his place on his companion's shoulder.
     "No way. Harry and I are not together and we never will be."
     "Ow." Evie was baffled and a little embarrassed. "I'm sorry. I just thought-"
     "Well you thought wrong."
     "Yeah, obviously."
     And there was the awkward silence again. Neither of them knowing what to say next. Myra used her glass of orange juice to avoid talking. But too soon it was entirely empty. The silence continued non the less, until a bright smile appeared on Evie's face. She had an idea.
     "Come on, Mee." She said as she stood up, taking Myra's hands in hers to pull her up as well. "I've got to show you something."