002.

1760s, Paris

The Count was here, to visit Madame de Pompadour, mistress of King Louis XV of France. He was sitting at the table next to other aristocrats that seemed to accept him even without knowing who he really was. And then, two other guests came into the room as everybody stood up. That was... the old Countess von Georgy, that he'd met fifty years ago in Venice, she was looking at him with so much horror he let out a small chuckle. Then, he noticed a man next to her, waiting for the elderly Countess to sit down next to him a few seats away from Count that by an accident couldn't look away from the Count. The servants already were serving and a man at the back of the table stood up nervously.

"I just wanted to say that I am very glad to see you all this evening. I hope, we will all have a nice conversation after the dinner. Have a great meal!"

He quickly sat down as everybody started to binge. Everybody but the Count and the mysterious charming man that was glancing at the Count.

"Our beloved Count of Saint Germain, how is your life going? I've heard of you around, sir, but never had a chance to meet you in person," an old man that was sitting in front of the Count asked in French.

"I've been mostly in Versailles, hanging out with Casanova and our King, they seemed to like me there," Count answered with a smile.

"Of course, they did. You hold such a great amount of power, sir, I've heard of your English songs and Italian arias, they are so popular, our Händel seems to be jealous of your luck," a young woman with long blonde hair said as the Count heard the others agreeing around.

"How is the life at Versailles Palace, sir?" another woman asked. "I have heard the way you look makes Casanova jealous. Is it true?"

The Count quickly swallowed the delicious red wine. "It might be true, my darling, but I don't want the others to misunderstand me. I respect the King and Casanova a lot."

"Our king is a great man, his ways of keeping the kingdom safe are absolutely amazing," Jack interrupted while staring at the Count. After all this time, he looks the same, so fucking hot.

"So, Jack, you appear to be in your thirties," the Countess von Georgy leaned towards him. "Aren't you too young to discuss the politics?"

"Oh, I might be a bit older than I look, Madame," Jack laughed with a charming expression.

"To be honest, Jack, I didn't even think you were this old as you came in," a man that was sitting on the left of the Count grinned. "I thought your grandmother was our beloved Countess."

"I really wish that was true, sir," Jack laughed.

"Jack, where are you from, again?" the same man asked as the Count was staring at Jack only, wondering how the mortal can appear the same age as fourty years ago.

"America, sir," he responded in English as he heard a few quiet whispers. The Count felt his cheeks going red and looked down at his untouched food. What... How? He'd missed the man, of course.

"Captain, I believe we have already met before," the Count continued the conversation in English without any doubt with his eyes locked on Jack.

Jack chuckled without his eyes leaving Count's. "Oh yes, Weldon, we actually did that time in Venice."

"When did it happen, if I may ask?" the man that was sitting on the left of the Count asked with...a hint of jealousy?

"Not too long ago," Jack answered with a politic smile and the Count finally broke the eye contact. Oh Christ, that was pretty intense.

"Dear Count of Saint Germain, how many languages do you know? You appear to know more than two, just like our Jack, and you're such a remarkable man, sir," the woman with blonde hair blurted in a perfect English accent.