Chapter 8- Meeting The Parents [E]

Start from the beginning

Before Annie could answer him, her father concluded his conversation walking back towards them.

"Sorry for the interruption but it was my wife. Julien, I would like to formally invite you and your family to dinner at our home tomorrow, if you all don't have anything planned. I just finished talking to my wife and we both insist that you join us."

Annie's eyes widened, shifting her attention to Julien, expectantly waiting for his reply. Julien looked to Patrick and smiled graciously. "It would be my pleasure to accept such an invitation. No, I don't have anything planned, but I don't know about my father and mother..." He trailed off.

Annie was elated he accepted.

"Wonderful. Are your parents available at this moment? I would like to officially meet them and personally invite them myself, or I could contact them by phone if they are not available." Patrick continued.

"As I was asking Annie here if you'd both like to come in? I know they would be delighted to meet their neighbors, I informed them about the accident that happened and they had wanted to contact you and introduce themselves personally. But they have been tremendously busy this past week with moving unfortunately."

"Of course. If we're not disturbing their evening..." Patrick trailed.

"Trust me they would welcome the company as would I." He replied looking towards Annie.

Annie heard the implicated message in his words, especially when he pointedly looked at her while saying the last part, as would I. She blushed, again thankful the shadows hid her face. He had such an effect on her she couldn't believe how she reacted to him.

Oblivious of what Julien emphasized toward her, Patrick asked, "Alright. Annie dear is that okay with you? We can visit for a bit and be on our way."

"Yes, dad whatever you want I'm fine with." She bit the inside of her cheek trying to contain her smile. This is exactly what she wanted. It was the chance she had been waiting for and learn more about the St. James'.

Julien led them up the path to his large home, Raja obediently following behind them. Annie was nervous meeting the family. Her father walked confidently beside her on the left and Julien to her right. His arm was brushing the side of hers as they walked. She could have sworn he was doing it on purpose, he was already very close to her. She looked his way and he was fixedly looking straight ahead, a slight smirk etched on his handsome face.

He was doing it on purpose, she realized.
*********

Julien opened the grand entrance to their home. He allowed them to enter first while he held the door open. They were welcomed with chandeliers that hung from the ceilings, a large grandfather clock, and tapestries hanging from the walls.

A woman was crossing the foyer as they entered. She did a double take when she saw them and stopped in her tracks. She looked to be middle aged in her early fifties, she was elegant and graceful, with shoulder length brown hair with honey-blonde highlights. Her skin was flawless and her figure was solid and well toned. She redirected herself and came straight towards them.

"Hello there, my name is Kate and you are?"

"Oh, mother, this is Patrick Taverron and his daughter Angelica." Julien supplied closing the door and coming to stand next to Annie. "They are the neighbors I was telling you about."

Raja took his leave of the current company walking by Annie.

She didn't have a British accent like her son, Annie noticed.

Patrick brought his arm and held out his hand for her. She quickly shook it with a warm smile. "I've heard so much about you all! It's nice to finally meet you!" She exclaimed joyfully.