| 1k special: Trick or Treat |

ɴᴏᴛɪᴄᴇ

Before anything, I'd just like to tell ya that this chapter doesn't really have much to do with the main story, but tis a special to celebrate hitting 1k reads on TPIAY! <3

---

ᴛʀɪᴄᴋ ᴏʀ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴛ, ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇ
ʳⁱˢᵉˡˡᵉ'ˢ ᵖᵒᵛ

It's the day before Halloween, and the castle has been decorated to suit the occasion. I heard from one of the maids that Halloween is the prince's least favorite occasion because he dislikes spiders, ghosts, and people coming by with creepy masks to ask for candy.

"Which is why we're all going to wear ghost costumes!" I say excitedly.

Me and Adria discussed the plans earlier, but right now we were in Luca's library explaining it to him and Kace.

"A ghost costume would hinder my usual performance."

"Oh boohoo, the butler can't work properly in a costume pftt." Adria retorted.

"Pleaaase, Kace? Just this once?"

"Okay." Kace replied to me with a small sigh.

Well that was easy.

"How come when Riselle says it like that, Kace is so quick to agree?" Luca raises his brow, and the brown haired male turns flustered.

"Moving on, Adria said she'll handle the games."

"Yes yes! They'll be a surprise! Muahahahaaa"

"And uhm, Kace you're probably alright with the food?"

"Yes."

"Then that'll be it, tomorrow is going to be awesome." I grin cheekily. "We're going to scare the hell out of the prince."

"Awhh it's just like the good ole days!" Adria remarks.

"The good ole' days?"

"You weren't part of it yet Luca." Kace responds passive-agressively.

"Tsk."

Bad blood much? I wonder if those two were always like that. "Well, you all can return to what you were doing earlier."

The afternoon of 𝕳𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖓...
"Here are the costumes!" I hand Kace, Luca, and Adria the ghost costumes I've been working on yesterday. All I really had to do was cut holes in them for vision. "You guys can put them on now. It should be sunset soon. And once it is, we will scare the prince! And the Halloween party will begin!"

"Hurrah!" My brunette friend cheers.

I take my costume and put the cloth over me, shifting it so that the holes I cut were around my eyes.

"Hey hey, I just thought that Kace as a ghost would be so cute!" Adria begun snickering. "He'd go like... Awho. Awhoo." She mocked his monotonous voice, and apathetic manner, raising her arms waist level and walking around the room.

Her little joke earned a few giggles from me and Luca, while the boy she was joking about just watched her in silence.

Until sunset came, we talked about trivial things. But now it's time to pit our plan into action!

I crept to the door, slowly opening it then sticking my head out to check if the prince was around. "Coast is clear over here." I sneak out and rush to the next corner, the rest following behind me with footsteps silent like the ocean at rest. Though I can't say that's a great analogy because this doesn't have anything to do with the ocean.

We go from corner to corner, until we spot sight of the fearsome royalty with hair black like the coming night. He was staring out the window. Thinking maybe? Who knows? Certainly not me. "Prince Rowan Spotted a few meters away! Everyone get to position. Make sure you don't get spotted." I instruct and the group sneaks to different blind spots.

Where Adria moved to, there was a decorated shelf with a few fall scented candles on it. While I waited for them to make little noises that will send chills to Rowan, the brunette began shaking the shelf but with two much force. 'What is she doing-?! The candles are going to fall of!'

The scented candles which had a glass like case surrounding it slowly moved to the edge of the shelf, and moments before it fell off, I instinctively lept out in an attempt to catch it. I wasn't the only one to land with a thud, but so did Luca and Kace who also tried to catch the candles. Unfortunately it landed to it's end with the sound of glass-like material shattering and exposing our fail of a ghost existence.

After a few seconds of sulking on the ground, I hear a screech and lift my head up to see the prince backed against the wall, shaking in fear.

"S-sorry your highness!" Adria crawled over to collect the shattered material.

I sit up and dust the cloth I wore over me. A heavy sigh came from the prince afterwards. "Whose idea was it?" He asked sternly.

"It was Riselle's!"

'You really going to sell me out that quickly Adria!'

I gulped. The heavy sound of footsteps grew closer and Prince Rowan knelt in front of me, lifting the cloth over my face. "You just love bringing me trouble." He bore an angered grin. His eyes a hundred times more fierce than usual. Ah well, it is day of the dead tomorrow-

"I know the perfect punishment for you." He leaned in closer.

"Your highness, I would like to take responsibility for what happened. I was unable to catch the candle in time and-"

"Silence, Kace."

"My apologies, your highness."

"What's the punishment going to be?" I ask. Right now I feel so scared that I'm on the verge of tears.

"You won't be getting any treats today."

"That sounds kind of lewd."

"Now is not the time, Adria!" Luca scolds.

"Treats? As in candies and chocolates...? What am I? Five?!" My jaw drops. That wasn't what I expected but at least I still live.

"It sounds like you wanted something more painful." Rowan distances himself from me and stands up.

"Kyaah!" Adria began squeeling.

Oh jees someone please take that pervert woman away from here-

"No. Thank you. I'll take that punishment." I roll my eyes and stand up.

Ah well, things didn't go as planned, but at least I caught a glimpse of the prince shaking in fear.