| 40 : A Friend's Blessing |

Smol a/n
I had to reformat my phone and lost all my notes on my stories, p sad because it includes all the minor details & i'm very forgetful :"D

---

"Riselleee!" Adria ran to me with a big hug as soon as I stepped out of the carriage. Kace, and Aunt Aline were outside waiting as well.

"Hey everyone... I'm back!" I return a smile while tears begged to fall, sitting on the corners of my eyes. I've been away for so long that seeing them felt like a distant memory.

"Welcome back Riselle!" Aunt Aline and Kace greeted at the same time.

"I have some big news for you later!" My brunette friend separated from our hug, her hands on my shoulders. The big smile on her face, I was glad to see it.

"I can't wait to hear it then." I reply.

We all returned to the castle's interior before we continued catching up. There wasn't much for me to talk about besides how I read books all day being stuck with Luca. But it seems things have changed for everyone else.

My eyes narrowed as soon as I saw the familiar face of Dante Holovatskyi, my lips curled into a frown. Because it meant Lucia might be here too.

"Ok ok so the first part of this news, everyone knows about except for you Riselle. But for the second part, it's a surprise for all of you!" Adria rushed to her fiancé's side. "Even you Dante!"

All six of us, Rowan included, sat on the sofa to hear what Adria had to say. I see no sign of Lucia though. Heck, why would I even bother thinking of her.

"Soo, me and Dante's marriage will be at the end of the month, which is in two weeks! The preparations have been going on for a while, since around the time you've been gone Riselle."

"Uh huh, don't make it sound to depressing. Anyway that's good to hear."

"And now for the big surprise." Adria took a deep breath. "Mom, everyone, I'm expecting."

"Expecting what?" Me and aunt Aline asked in unison, then glanced at each other for a brief moment.

Knowing Adria, she could be expecting a whole machine gun to arrive at the castle's door step.

"A baby! I'm pregnant!"

I blinked a few times. "Pregnant? S-so there's a baby... In your stomach? Adria it's not april fools yet."

"I'm being serious!"

I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one in disbelief, we all turned to look at Dante and his face turned bright red. I turned to aunt Aline and she had fainted.

"Con-congrats? Congrats!" I speak reluctantly. The shock had me feeling light headed as well. The moment I return to everyone I find out my best pal is preg-preggnanto... Pregnant. "I wish you the best of luck in child birth."

"Oh Riselle Riselle." Adria placed her hand on my head. "When I think about my baby, I don't fear child birth at all."

"The baby isn't even born and she's already speaking like a wise mother." I mumble.

"I'll do my best to take care of you and the baby." Dante smiled. And thus marked one of the weirdest days of my life. Adria pregnanterers, Dante smiling.

"So when should we have our wedding, Riselle?" Rowan asked, he and Kace were the only ones unphased by all this. Now they truly looked like they half brothers they are.

"We aren't even engaged yet!"

"Hmm." He rested his head on his chin. I couldn't begin to even guess what he might be thinking of now. Another little scheme? Or maybe his duties as prince. I do hope he prioritizes the latter.

"Mom... You alive?" Adria stood up and shook the fainted aunt Aline, who slowly opened her eyes and shrieked upon seeing her daughter.

"I'm... Going to be a grandmother already?" She spoke before fainting once again.

"And I guess someone is going to be calling me auntie now." I sighed.

"Isn't that great Riselle! Oh and Kace has some news too."

Kace nodded and I waited anticipatingly for him to speak. It's good to see things had changed, but it's a little scary when too much changes.

"My mother. I found her."

My eyes widened, a brief recollection of our past conversation had occured and I grinned. "Really? Where is she then? Is she safe?"

"Yes. She lives in a chapel taking care of orphans here in Elleris. I stop by to visit her every now and then."

"That's great! How'd it all happen though?"

"Kace faced the king! Aaah the scene was jucier than steak, too bad you missed out on it! Kace was all determined and speaking about his mother like 'You know where she is! I have the rights to know as her son.' and the king was all uneasy." Adria started to narrate.

"Ooh." I clapped. Although I was listening to what she was saying, my stomach seemed to be stuck on the word steak. My stomach growled and I huff. "So do you think you could cook steak for dinner, Kace?" I ask. I'd look like a whole circus if I tried to deny my hunger looking like this.

"Of course. I missed serving you my steak." Kace replied.

"Didn't I tell you before, that sounds wrong!" The loud mouth with weird ways of thinking remarked. Again I huff.

"Yeah. I totally missed being here with you all."