Hagid's Secret...

At 9:45 Hattie Potter trudged down the cold Hogwart's grounds to the gamekeeper's hut. Her wand felt constricted against her warm robes as she approached the large door. She raised her hand and knocked roughly against the wood.

"Hattie! Come in." The large Hagrid said when he opened the door. Hattie went in, sitting at a large table in he hut.

"Hello Hagrid." She said softly. He let out a chuckle.

"Well we better get started if we wanna ge' through the fores' quickly." Hagrid said, slipping on large mittens and a coat. Hattie paled slightly.

"The forest Hagrid? I don' t mind dangerous but I don't want to get in more trouble than I already am. It's forbidden." Hattie explained.

"But yer with me." Hagrid replied simply, opening the door to the hut and beckoning for Hattie to go. She pulled her green and silver slytherin beanie over her hair and walked out of the warm hut. 

"Alright Hagrid if you say so." Hattie replied, walking behind the large man into the dark forest in front of them. They walked for a long time without talking.

"Alright. You take Fang an' look over that way. You're lookin' fer a wounded centaur. He's young, an' none of the others can find 'im." Hagrid explained, and Hattie nodded, calling the dog and watching Hagrid walk the opposite direction of her.

"Alright then, C'mon Fang." Hattie said. "Lumos." She whispered, pulling her wand out of it's pocket and holding it in front of her so she could see. She hiked through the sprawling roots, brandishing her wand in front of her. Every once in awhile she heard something, but couldn't pinpoint where. It was following her, she knew. She tripped over an especially large root, hitting her head quite hard. Her vision went slightly blurry. She pulled herself up, feeling wet blood on her head she stood. 

"Look out!" A voice called in front of Hattie, and she dove to the side, grabbing a tree notch to keep herself steady. When he vison cleared she saw three full grown centaurs in front of her.

"Hi?" She said, waving slightly.

"What are you doing in the forest, Hogwarts students are not allowed." One of the centaurs said.

"Oh I got detention. Hagrid brought me here and asked me to help find someone." Hattie explained, wiping her bloody hand on her robes.

"Why are you bleeding?" The centaur to the right of the one who had spoken asked. Hattie noticed that this was the only one of the group that appeared female. 

"I fell." Hattie replied simply.

"Who are you, child?" The female centaur asked.

"Hattie Potter." Hattie said, extending her hand, but withdrawing it when they made no moves to shake it.

"Potter?" The last centaur asked. He had piercing eyes that made Hattie want to avoid his gaze.

"We've heard much about you Hattie." The first centaur said. "I'm Firenze." He added.

"I'm Luc." The piercing eyed centaur said.

"And I'm Lana." The female centaur added.

"Hi. What do you mean you've heard a lot about me?" Hattie questioned.

"The stars tell us. You're destined for great things. Lots of struggle and strife-" Luc said, but Firenze cut him off.

"Shh. You musn't tell her, She must do it on her own." Firenze demanded. Luc glared.

"Hattie Potter, be careful. The woods are dangerous. We must go." Lana said, looking as if she desperately didn't want to leave. Hattie nodded.

"Goodbye." She said, waving. The three were staring up at the sky, they exchanged a nervous look. Lana sighed, and they left, leaving Hattie alone. She whistled and Fang rejoined her, and they ventured further into the forest. They walked for what seemed like an hour, and Fang started to whimper. He didn't like the forest, but Hattie found it calming. 

Suddenly, she found herself at a pond. It's water reflecting the moon on it's surface made everything bright compared to the canopy of trees behind them. Hattie dare not get too close to the water, there could be selkies or sirens. Instead she walked around the bank, admiring the beauty of the lake.

"Look Fang, there's something over there!" Hattie exclaimed, keeping her voice low as she approached whatever she had seen move. The glow of her wand illuminating the path in front of her she found a pool of blood. Goosebumps ran down her spine as she walked further.

"Stay away." A small voice whimpered. The voice had a heavy scottish accent. Hattie stopped. She didn't to upset the creature, but she did want to help.

"Hello. I'm not here to hurt you. I'm here to help. I won't go any closer until you tell me to. Are you the wounded centaur I'm looking for? Hagrid sent me. I'm Hattie. I only want to help you." Hattie said, her voice soft and her wand low. She waited for the voice to speak again.

"Come here." The voice called after a few moments. Hattie came, slowly, until the light from her wand showed her the body the voice belonged to. It was the wounded centaur, but it was much worse than Hagrid had said. Hattie pointed her wand up and sent red sparks, hoping Hagrid could see them. 

"What happened?" Hattie asked, inspecting the extensive wound.

"I was attacked. I found someone slaughtering a unicorn. I tried to stop him and he attacked me." The centaur explained, Hattie put her wand in her mouth and ripped a sleeve off her robe. She very carefully lifted the centaur's leg and slipped the cloth under it, tying it over a deep gash in his leg.

"How awful. I'm Hattie Potter. You are?" She asked, making conversation and distracting the centaur from the pain as she ripped more of her robes. fashioning makeshift bandages around every gash.

"Potter? I've heard much about you. I'm Pier." The centaur replied, grimacing slightly as Hattie tightened on bandage. 

"That's what the other centaurs told me. Pier, this wizard that attacked you? Do you know who he was?" Hattie asked, and Pier looked up at her. His eyes were green, and they practically burned into Hattie.

"You-know-who. He's trying to stay alive with the unicorn blood." Pier answered.

"I have to tell Harry." Hattie whispered.

"Ya' found him!" Hagrid said excitedly, approaching behind Hattie.