The Exams

Hattie left the office after the conversation. She didn't know what to think. She wanted to know why. She wanted to know from him, from Sirius Black himself. So at the end of the day after her classes, she went back to the library. Straight to the librarian.
"Do you have any books about Azkaban?" She asked.
"Only one you can read dear, the rest are in the restricted section." The librarian said, pulling out her wand and calling the book Hattie needed to her.
"Thank you." Hattie said, she walked over to a table and blew the dust off the cover of the book. Opening it to the table of contents. A loud bang of someone slamming a book down next to her stole her attention. She jumped out of her seat and slammed backwards into the bookshelf behind her, she felt like she couldn't breathe.
"Hattie? I'm sorry are you alright?" Draco asked, putting a hand on her shoulder, she immediately came back to reality.
"Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you." She said to Draco. He smiled.
"I think I scared you, Potter." He said, helping her up.
"Definitely not." She replied, sitting back in the seat by her book.
"Are you studying? You've been studying a lot. I feel like you're hiding something." Draco said, flipping open his book.
"I'm not studying now but I have been. I have my first year exams in a couple of days." Hattie quipped.
"You're moving ahead? But we won't be in the same classes anymore." Draco said sadly.
"I'm sure we'll still have classes together." Hattie said, smiling.
Timeskip
Hattie got up very early the morning of her exams. She wanted to make sure she wouldn't fail. So she took a quick shower and began to study all the books she had been given by professors to prepare her for this. Some of them were way beyond her year, but she understood most of the words. It was 2 am when she had woken up, but by the time she was finished studying it was 9 am. She was going to miss breakfast.
"Hattie! Good luck." Draco said when she came down into the common room. He handed her a little box.
"What's this? A present?" Hattie mused, she was much more excited than she let on. She never got presents.
"Just a little something to make you feel better, my mum bought it for me but I didn't really like the color. When you touch it it's supposed to make you feel less anxious because it's a special type of crystal." Draco explained as she unwrapped it. A beautiful brown stone was wrapped in a small amount of wire and threaded onto a golden chain.
"Oh it's beautiful. Thank you! Are you sure? Your mother gave it to you." Hattie asked, rubbing the stone in her fingers. She did feel calmer.
"I'll never wear it. And I'd probably break the chain." Draco said, shrugging. Hattie hugged him.
"I love it. Let's get breakfast." Hattie said, practically skipping out the entrance.
"What's that Hattie?" George Weasley said, walking up next to her, with Fred on the other side, pushing Draco behind them. George was pointing at her neckalace.
"It's a present from Draco. I've never really gotten a present before." Hattie said, the twins gave each other a knowing smile.
"We want you to play a prank with us tomorrow. On Filch. Meet us in the corridor near his office at 1 o'clock." Fred said, and the twins disappeared.
"Why do you talk to them. Their family is weird." Draco asked.
"Tsk, and yours is perfectly functioning Draco? Everyone's different, you don't have to hate them for it." She answered, taking a step into the great hall.
Exam Time
Hattie sat at a desk in front in Dumbledore, McGonagall, Snape, Quirrel, and Flitwick. There was a stack of papers in front of her and the floor was cleared out, with padded mats on the ground. Hattie felt like she wrote for hours, but the clock only passed a number once. And when she finally wrote down her last answer, McGonagall took her papers.
"Now it's time for the real test." Quirrel said, a feeble smile on his face. Hattie's head started to hurt, she figured it was from the long exam.
"What first?" Hattie asked, and that's when she was blindsided by a leg locking charm. She immediately fell to the ground and all of the teachers except Snape began firing spells at her. She cast a shield charm quickly but all the teachers stopped.
"Hattie, did you just cast a shield charm without speaking?" Flitwick asked, a big smoke on his face.
"I guess so." Hattie said, trying again, she thought of the spell to unlock her legs while pointing her wand. It worked.
"Instead of moving you up a year Hattie. I want you to take private lessons. One teacher a week every night. And you will still attend 1st year History of Magic and 1st year Herbology." Dumbledore said, and at that, all teachers were ushered out of the room. Hattie couldn't believe it. She'd definitely be labeled as a freak now. She left the room and went back to her dorm. According to her new lesson plan she didn't have to do anything until tonight. So she read her book about Azkaban. She was reading for hours before she finally came across a chapter. Visitation. It was strictly prohibited except by Ministry officials and rare even then. She sighed. She'd never be allowed to talk to Sirius Black.