Christmas Break

Hattie had been searching to find something about Nicholas Flamel for weeks but nothing. She knew she had heard the name before, maybe in one of her private lessons? There was so much to remember in her classes, and she was the best at Potions and Transfiguration. She and Harry hadn't talked much as they stayed and looked through the stacks of books in the library. Hermione brought most of Harry's and Ron's from the shelves for them because they kept complaining about their arms hurting. Hattie was slightly amused at their sheer laziness.
'Let's take a break for the rest of today I'm getting tired." Hattie said, slouching over the back of her chair. Just then, her savior was here to rescue her.
"Hattie it's almost time for dinner." Draco said, standing over by the door with a little wave.
'My savior!" Hattie giggled, jumping down off her chair to leave the library.
"Back at it tomorrow?" Hermione asked, crossing her arms. Hattie nodded before running off.
"I hate Malfoy why does she even hang out with him?" Ron asked, turning to Harry, but it was Hermione that answered.
"Maybe she just doesn't like you Ronald." Hermione scoffed, before leaving the library herself.
"Is it that time of the month or something?" Ron asked Harry, but before he could even answer a book made contact with both of their heads. Behind the book was Angelina Johnson, she was on the quidditch team with Harry, and boy did she have an arm.
"What'd you do that for?" Harry asked, rubbing the back of his head in pain.
"For stupidity." Angelina said before walking away.
~In the Great Hall a few minutes later~
Hattie and Draco sat next to each other at the tables, shoving their mouths full of whatever appeared in front of them. A few minutes into the meal Hattie felt a tapping on her shoulder, she turned to see a boy with a piece of parchment, holding it out to her. She took it, and the boy left.

Ms. Potter,
It's time you finally take flying lessons, meet me at the Quidditch field at 10 pm. Bring a practice partner.
Madam Hooch

"Hey Draco? You wanna be my practice partner?" Hattie asked, showing him the slip of parchment. His eyes lit up immediately, Draco loved Quidditch and flying, he'd been doing it since he was a toddler. He nodded his head excitingly.
"I wonder if she'll make us do Quidditch drills." Draco asked, finishing his food as quickly as he could.
"Let's get changed, I can't fly in this." Hattie said, motioning to her long robes. They went to change into something easier. Hattie just put on muggle clothing because she was very used to it. A gray hoodie and a pair of black leggings with fluffy socks and sneakers. Draco however was wearing a shortened robe with Hogwarts uniform underneath. Hattie guessed the robe was specifically made for Quidditch when Draco played at home.
"I wish first years were allowed to bring their own brooms. I've got a really nice one." Draco bragged, he began talking about little features of his broom, but Hattie didn't know what any of that meant.
"It's 9:15 we should probably head down it takes awhile to get there." Hattie stated, looking at Draco's watch. They left the dungeons of the castle and made their way up to the lawn. From there they walked for what seemed like hours through the late night fog, the only sound to accompany them was the sounds of their own footsteps.
"BOO!" Draco yelled, jumping out from behind a tree on the other side of Hattie, she screamed and hit him in the shoulder a couple times. At this point they were close enough that Madam Hooch could hear them and came to check on them.
"Everything alright?" She asked, her wand drawn at her side and the ground littered with the hat was previously in her hands. Two brooms and some type of ball that was hard to see.
"Everything is fine Madam Hooch." Hattie said, stepping closer so they could all see and hear other better.
"Well, we better get started then. Take this here, set it down on the ground." Madam Hooch said, handing them both a broom. "Now, say 'up' and mean it." She added, studying her students.
"UP." Hattie shouted, and the broom immediately thudded into her hand. She smiled.
"Now, mount your broom, and when I count to three, kick off the ground lightly, and come back down." Madam Hooch instructed, Hattie nodded and stepped over the side of her broom. Draco following suite. "1... 2... and 3." Madam Hooch shouted. And Hattie kicked as hard as she could at the dirt below her. She found herself about 10 feet in the air. It was the most freeing feeling she'd ever felt.
~Authors Note~
Sorry for the long amount of times in between updates guys I'm using my phone and have the worst writers block right now